EASTER YOGA RETREAT
Fri. 14.4 – Mon. 17.4.2017
In-depth yoga practice, building up energy for body and mind.
Relax and enjoy the fresh mountain air, silent walks, light organic meals and a variety of yoga topics.
Two Lectures with Swami Durgananda, Yoga Acharya
Sat. 15.4 & Sun. 16.4 / noon
- High goals – where yoga can lead us
- Refining the power of discrimination
Swami Durgananda is a senior disciple of Swami Vishnudevananda and director of the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres in Europe. Her practical and intuitive style of teaching is the result of intensive practice and over 40 years of teaching experience.
Morning Satsangs with Swami Sivadasananda, Yoga Acharya
Sat. 15.4 – Mon. 17.4 / 6 am
- Sound and energy
- Hatha Yoga meditation
- Success in the yoga practice
Power of Asanas
Three asana workshops with Swami Sivadasananda, Yoga Acharya.
Sat. 15.4 – Mon. 17.4 / 8 am
Each workshop comprises 30 minutes of theory and 90 minutes of practice.
Also suitable for the further training participants.
- Surya Namaskar: Go with the flow
- Proprioception or sensory perception of the body in the asana
- The logic behind the sequence of the 12 basic poses
Recommended reading: Complete Illustrated Book of Yoga, Swami Vishnudevananda
Swami Sivadasananda, senior student of Swami Vishnudevananda, has taught at workshops and Yoga Teachers’ Training Courses around the world for many years. He is a dynamic, precise and knowledgeable instructor. He is the author of the books Sivananda Beginner’s Guide to Yoga and Yoga – Your Home Practice Companion.
Meditative Asana and Pranayama Practice
Three asana workshops with Swami Gokulananda
Fri. 14.4 – Sun. 16.4 / 4 pm
- Bringing energy to each and every cell with asanas
- How breathing with awareness harmonises the mind
- Firm and comfortable – the meditative asana experience
Swami Gokulananda is a long-time yoga practitioner and yoga teacher and director of the Sivananda Yoga Centre in Berlin. She has a flexible and spontaneous teaching style.
Further Training for Yoga Teachers:
Yoga for Children
With Swami Vidyananda and Andrea & Christian Bachmaier (Karuna and Tejas)
Fri. 14.4 – Mon. 17.4
Yoga in childhood gives young people the best foundation for life. The exercise programme is playfully adapted to the age and circumstances of the participants.
- Yoga, the best foundation for healthy development
- Learning by imitation
- Playful concentration exercises for better learning
- Yoga class models for various age groups
- Vegetarian diet for children
Swami Vidyananda is a long-time staff of the Sivananda Yoga Centres in Europe. She provides detailed individual guidance in the yoga class. Andrea (Karuna) and Christian (Tejas) Bachmaier are play therapists from Munich. Tejas has taught the kids' yoga class at the Sivananda Yoga Centre in Munich for many years.
Yantra (meditative picture)
South Indian Temple Meditations
Daily Pujas with a priest from India
Fri. 14.4 – Thu. 20.4
Yantra Puja on Easter Sunday, 16.4 / 8 pm
With their colours, sounds, aromas and gestures, traditional temple ceremonies (Pujas) help clear the mental atmosphere, creating a strong meditative vibration.
- Yantras (meditative images).
- Classical scripture recitations (Mantras).
- Symbolic hand gestures (Mudras).
Daily: Puja at 11 am and 30-minute workshop on pujas, yantras, mantras and mythology at 7 pm
Sivananda Beginner’s Guide to Yoga
Introductory workshops and talks on the "Science of life," which has been embraced around the world.
Fri. 14.4 – Mon. 17.4
- Better flexibility with the Sun Salutation
- Basic yoga poses with deep relaxation, abdominal breathing, full yogic breathing and simple pranayama
- Introduction to concentration and meditation
- The five pillars of yoga for all-round health
- Union of head, heart and hand – philosophical inspiration for every temperament
Meadows, Forests and Lakes: Easter Walk for Everyone
Sun. 16.4 / 1:30 – 3 pm
- 6 am: Meditation, mantra chanting, lecture (90 min)
- 8 am: Asanas and Pranayama (90 min)
- 10 am: Vegetarian brunch
- 11 am: Karma Yoga (selfless service)
- Noon: Workshop, lecture or free time
- 4 pm: Asanas and Pranayama (90 min)
- 6 pm: Vegetarian dinner
- 7:30 pm: Meditation, mantra chanting, lecture (90 min)
Programmes are subject to change or cancellation.
2017 daily rates
Daily rate for yoga
NEW: 20% reduction on yoga daily rate = €39 per day on weekends 14 January – 9 April & 29 September – 5 November 2017
Daily rate for accommodation and meals
|Room||until 19 May||from 19 May|
Minimum stay: 2 nights
Triple rooms on request for 3 people staying for the same dates.
All rates include VAT and are subject to a €1.80 visitor's tax per person per night.
Hotel closing times:
20 April / 2pm – 19 May 2017 / 2pm
5 November / 2pm – 15 December 2017 / 2pm
Prices valid from 8 January 2017 until 31 December 2017
Room and board
Room and board are in the non-smoking eco-hotel serving wholesfood organic vegetarian meals.
All guest rooms have wooden floors and furniture, health mattresses, shower, toilet, hairdryer, telephone and radio. Most rooms have a balcony. more
What you will need for your stay
A meditation pillow for the morning and evening meditation sessions is recommended. A meditation shawl is also advantageous.
To practice the yoga poses you will need a non-slip yoga mat or wool mat. You will need a blanket to cover yourself at the end of the yoga class during the so-called final relaxation.
Pillows, shawls, blankets, mats and much more can be purchased in our online shop or in our boutique after arrival.
For your stay you should bring comfortable clothing, slippers, walking shoes, rain gear, torch (flashlight), bathing suit and towels. Eyeglass wearers should bring a hard case for safe storage during the yoga classes.