WHITSUN YOGA EVENT
Fri. 2 June – Mon. 5 June 2017
- Days of Yoga Specials: Group silent walks in the magnificent alpine landscape
- Asanas: Personal guidance for experienced students and a gentle introduction for newcomers and ‘rusty’ students
- Meditation: Calming the brain waves to achieve clarity of thinking and new creative power
- Yoga lectures: Mental food for the challenges of everyday life
- Vegetarian meals: Light, low-fat, nutritious, organic and cleansing
Asanas with Ease
Four asana workshops with Swami Gitananda
Fri. 2.6 / 4 pm and Sat. 3.6 – Mon. 5.6 / 8 am
- Focus on forward-bending exercises
- Focus on rotations while standing, sitting and lying down
- Step-by-step into the Wheel and Pigeon
- Preparing and mastering the Headstand and Scorpion
Swami Gitananda is the director of the Sivananda Yoga Centre in Vienna.
Further Training for Yoga Teachers:
With Swami Sivadasananda, Yoga Acharya
Fri. 2.6 – Mon 5.6
Expanded breathing for expansion in asanas, relaxation, sensory perception and concentration. We will develop this central theme of yoga teaching through the study of basic anatomy, in-depth self-practice, partner exercises, teaching simulations and group discussions.
Swami Sivadasananda, senior disciple of Swami Vishnudevananda, has taught at workshops and Yoga Teachers’ Training Courses around the world for many years. He is a dynamic, precise and knowledgeable instructor.
Diet and Health
Three lectures with Sigrid Siebert, nutritionist, Frankfurt
Sat. 3.6 / noon, Sun 4.6 / 8 pm, Mon. 5.6 / 11 am
- A modern and healthy diet for vegetarians
- Optimal nutrition with vegan and vegetarian diets
- Myths and facts about sugar
In German with simultaneous translation into English.
Sigrid Siebert is a nutritionist and dietician from Frankfurt. She has taught at the Akademie Gesundes Leben in Oberursel, Germany, since 1995.
With Swami Ramapriyananda, Swami Vidyananda and Swami Keshavananda
Sat. 3.6 – Mon. 5.6 / 6 am
- Insight into the Yoga Sutras
- Health and happiness
- Spiritualisation of human nature
The swamis have taught for many years at the Sivananda Yoga Retreat House.
South Indian Temple Meditations
Daily Pujas with a priest from India
Fri. 2.6 – Fri. 9.6
Yantra Puja on Saturday, 3.6 / 8 pm
Daily: Puja at 11 am and 30-minute workshops on pujas, yantras, mantras and
mythology at 7 pm
With their colours, sounds, aromas and gestures, traditional temple ceremonies (Pujas) help clear the mental atmosphere, creating a strong meditative vibration.
- Yantras (meditative forms)
- Classical scripture recitations (Mantras)
- Symbolic hand gestures (Mudras)
Sivananda Beginner’s Guide to Yoga
Introductory workshops and lectures on the 'science of life'.
Fri. 2.6 – Mon. 5.6
- Better flexibility with the Sun Salutation
- Basic yoga poses with deep relaxation, abdominal breathing, full yogic breathing and simple pranayama
- Introduction to concentration and meditation
- The five pillars of yoga for all-round health
- Union of head, heart and hand – philosophical inspiration for everyone
Sivananda Beginner’s Guide to Yoga by the Sivananda Yoga Centres
Meadows, Forests and Lakes: Whitsun Walk for Everyone
Sun. 4.6 / 12 – 2 pm
2017 daily rates
Daily rate for yoga
NEW: 20% reduction on yoga daily rate = €39 per day on weekends 14 January – 9 April & 29 September – 5 November 2017
Daily rate for accommodation and meals
|Room||until 19 May||from 19 May|
Minimum stay: 2 nights
Triple rooms on request for 3 people staying for the same dates.
All rates include VAT and are subject to a €1.80 visitor's tax per person per night.
Hotel closing times:
20 April / 2pm – 19 May 2017 / 2pm
5 November / 2pm – 15 December 2017 / 2pm
Prices valid from 8 January 2017 until 31 December 2017
- 6 am: Meditation, mantra chanting, lecture (90 min)
- 8 am: Asanas and Pranayama (90 min)
- 10 am: Vegetarian brunch
- 11 am: Karma Yoga (selfless service)
- Noon: Workshop, lecture or free time
- 4 pm: Asanas and Pranayama (90 min)
- 6 pm: Vegetarian dinner
- 7:30 pm: Meditation, mantra chanting, lecture (90 min)
Programmes are subject to change or cancellation.
Room and board
Room and board are in the non-smoking eco-hotel serving wholesfood organic vegetarian meals.
All guest rooms have wooden floors and furniture, health mattresses, shower, toilet, hairdryer, telephone and radio. Most rooms have a balcony. more
What you will need for your stay
A meditation pillow for the morning and evening meditation sessions is recommended. A meditation shawl is also advantageous.
To practice the yoga poses you will need a non-slip yoga mat or wool mat. You will need a blanket to cover yourself at the end of the yoga class during the so-called final relaxation.
Pillows, shawls, blankets, mats and much more can be purchased in our online shop or in our boutique after arrival.
For your stay you should bring comfortable clothing, slippers, walking shoes, rain gear, torch (flashlight), bathing suit and towels. Eyeglass wearers should bring a hard case for safe storage during the yoga classes.