YOGA SUMMER DAYS
Sun. 30 July to Sun. 6 August 2017
New: The Meditation Experience with Swami Ramapriyananda. Asana workshops with Swami Narayanananda. Ayurveda lectures with Anjani and Sanjay Kulkarni.
Certificate of participation for 72 training units (45 minutes each)
The Meditation Experience
With Swami Ramapriyananda
Sun. 30.7 – Sat. 5.8, 8–9:30 pm
Scientific studies have shown that meditation boosts self-awareness, memory and empathy.
Each evening: practical guidelines on physical, mental and philosophical aspects of meditation. Also short readings from classical yoga works.
Prerequisite for participation: Attendance on all 7 evenings. These meditations are part of the yoga vacation programme. In order to cultivate the requisite silent atmosphere, the practice will take place separately from the usual evening programme in the Retreat House, in the meditation hall of the new "Ganga" house.
- Being aware of physical sensations: a balanced meditation posture brings the focus to the here and now
- Breath meditation: one-pointedness of mind through meditative pranayama techniques
- Emptying the mind: Mental relaxation and mindfulness exercises
- Concentration on positive values: This creates new, uplifting grooves in the mind that gradually replace negative feelings and moods
- Visualisation: Concentration exercises on light, colours and shapes. Mental images become clearer and more exact
- Sound meditation: Mantra chanting and mental mantra repetition have a harmonising effect on the mind
- Meditation@home: The how and why for continuing your meditation practice at home
With individual tips regarding place, time, posture, meditation technique, as well as a recommended reading list. Mantra initiation is optional.
Swami Ramapriyananda is a student of Swami Vishnudevananda and director of the Sivananda Yoga Retreat House. She is a very experienced teacher who pays great attention to detail and conveys a natural spirituality.
Myofascial Connections in the Asanas
Asana workshops with Swami Narayanananda
Sun. 30.7 – So. 6.8
30.7 – 5.8 at 4 pm
6.8 at 8 am
Also suitable for yoga teachers.
Our focus is on proprioception or the sensory perception of the body in the asana. 80% of body perception comes from the nerve receptors in the fasciae (connective tissue).
- Myofascial tracks: back line, front line, lateral line and spiral line
- Flexion and extension from foot to head
- Expansion in rotation and lateral bending
Recommended reading: Complete Illustrated Book of Yoga by Swami Vishnudevananda
Swami Narayanananda is co-director of the Sivananda Yoga Centre in Munich. He is a dynamic and inspiring teacher.
Ayurveda and Lifestyle Ailments
With Dr. Anjani and Sanjay Kulkarni, Ayurveda Acharyas, Pune, India
Fri. 4.8 – Mon. 7.8
Discover the wisdom of Ayurveda for metabolic health, applied in combination
with yoga exercises.
- Development of obesity, diabetes and heart disease according to Ayurveda
- The connection between the body tissues and the digestive fire and its imbalance
- The mind as key to physical health
Sanjay and Anjani Kulkarni have spent the last 20 years teaching Ayurveda around the world. They use their profound expertise to give practical advice on how to prevent disease and develop radiant health.
Ayurveda – An Introduction
Two lectures with Sanjay and Anjani Kulkarni (MD), Ayurveda Acharyas, Pune, India
Thu. 3.8 and Mon. 7.8
Simple and helpful tips to improve your health which can quickly become part of your daily routine.
- A healthy diet in accordance with Ayurvedic principles
- An Ayurvedic lifestyle – daily rules for health
Female participants have the opportunity to enjoy relaxing, Ayurvedic full-body oil massages with Mira, an Ayurveda massage therapist from Kerala, South India (extra charge).
Further Training for Yoga Teachers:
The Major Asana Cycles
With Prema Arenas Bonansea
Thu. 3.8 – Sun. 6.8
- Asana sequences with many variations
- Important muscle groups in the pose and counterpose
- Holding the pose: deep concentration in the asana
- Asanas and proprioception: listening to the body’s inner language
Prema Arenas Bonansea is an inspiring practitioner and teacher of yoga. She teaches with great precision and awareness of details.
Thought Power and Positive Thinking
Positive thoughts are three times blessed: They uplift the person who thinks them, they awaken positivity in the person to whom they are directed, and they improve the overall thought atmosphere worldwide.
Fri. 4.8 – Sun. 6.8
- Asanas and pranayama are the optimal foundation for goal-oriented, flexible thinking
- Exercises for developing thought power; guided contemplation and visualisation
- The world of thoughts and creative life management
- The laws of higher thinking and cultivating higher emotions like courage, love and contentment
2017 daily rates for yoga
Accommodation and meals:
Minimum stay: 2 nights
Triple rooms on request for 3 people staying for the same dates.
All rates include VAT and are subject to a €1.80 visitor's tax per person per night.
Prices valid from 8 January 2017 until 31 December 2017
Hotel closing times:
5 November / 2pm – 15 December 2017 / 2pm
- 6 am: Meditation, mantra chanting, lecture (90 min)
- 8 am: Asanas and Pranayama (90 min)
- 10 am: Vegetarian brunch
- 11 am: Karma Yoga (selfless service)
- Noon: Workshop, lecture or free time
- 4 pm: Asanas and Pranayama (90 min)
- 6 pm: Vegetarian dinner
- 7:30 pm: Meditation, mantra chanting, lecture (90 min)
Programmes are subject to change or cancellation.
Room and board
Room and board are in the non-smoking eco-hotel serving wholesfood organic vegetarian meals.
All guest rooms have wooden floors and furniture, health mattresses, shower, toilet, hairdryer, telephone and radio. Most rooms have a balcony. more
What you will need for your stay
A meditation pillow for the morning and evening meditation sessions is recommended. A meditation shawl is also advantageous.
To practice the yoga poses you will need a non-slip yoga mat or wool mat. You will need a blanket to cover yourself at the end of the yoga class during the so-called final relaxation.
Pillows, shawls, blankets, mats and much more can be purchased in our online shop or in our boutique after arrival.
For your stay you should bring comfortable clothing, slippers, walking shoes, rain gear, torch (flashlight), bathing suit and towels. Eyeglass wearers should bring a hard case for safe storage during the yoga classes.