The day begins at 5 am with an hour of pranayama practice guided by an
instructor. The gradual introduction to advanced pranayamas enables a unique experience of prana.
At 6 am is the morning Satsang with meditation, Kirtan chanting and a short lecture. The morning Sadhana is completed with a condensed asana class from 8 to 9 am.
At 9 am is the first lesson of the day: anatomy and physiology. By studying cell structures, the nervous system and the brain, you will gain a better understanding of the synthesis between physical and subtle aspects of yoga.
Brunch is at 10 am, followed by time for Karma Yoga. At noon is a one-hour class on the Raja Yoga Sutras by Patanjali. This is the second most
important yoga scripture after the Bhagavad Gita.
For one week you will have a crash course in Sanskrit at this hour. This challenging yet inspiring week of study will give you a first taste of the deep logic and beauty of Sanskrit, the language of the mantras and yoga scriptures.
At 2 pm begins the main lecture on Vedanta philosophy - listening to and
reflecting on the Vedantic teaching of oneness leads to a deeper
understanding of reality.
The second asana class of the day starts at 4 pm. This is a 90-minute
session of intensive practice and individual correction, where you will
systematically try all the advanced variations from the Complete Illustrated
Book of Yoga by Swami Vishnudevananda.
Dinner follows at 6 pm and the evening Satsang starts at 7:30 pm.
Several special programmes are planned during the course that will take place during the evening Satsang.
Swami Durgananda, Swami Sivadasananda, Swami Ramapriyananda and additional Swamis and experienced teachers from Europe will be your instructors for the course.
Upon graduation you will receive a ATTC certificate from the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres.
Including examination fee, training manual (incl. VAT).
INCLUDING room and board in the Hotel
For the simultaneous translation we will use a modern wireless translation system and headphones.
The rental fee for the radio receiver is 30 €.
You can bring your own headset with normal disc man jack or buy one for 10 € at the Yoga Retreat House.
The teachers are Yoga Acharyas (spiritual teachers) senior disciples of Swami Vishnudevananda:
Swami Durgananda, Yoga-Acharya of the European Sivananda Yoga Centres teaches yoga and philosophy worldwide as part of the Yoga Teachers' Training Courses.
Swami Sivadasananda, Yoga-Acharya in Europe is known for his dynamic,
precise and joyful style of teaching asanas and pranayama.
Swami Ramapriyananda, Director of thr Sivananda Yoga Retreat House .
Additional teaching staff including experienced swamis and yoga teachers.
International Speakers, special guests and artists will be performing during the course. Dates and Guest speakers see calendar
• Deepening the practice of the twelve basic asanas
• Training in classical advanced variations
• Detailed corrections
• Deepening your understanding of Hatha Yoga
• Extended practice of Anuloma Viloma
• Practice of advanced Pranayama
• How to use the Bandhas
• The philosophical schools of India
• Analogies of the Supreme Reality
• Study of Vedantic meditation techniques
• Explanation of Vedantic Mantras
• Detailed study of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
• The mind - its mysteries and control
• In depth study of the 8 steps of Raja Yoga
• The nine modes of Bhakti
• The five devotional attitudes
• Learn the Sanskrit alphabet
• Pronunciation and writing of mantras and hymns
• Study of the cells, nervous system and the endocrine glands and it’s relation to the practice of Asanas, pranayama and meditation
• Positive effects of chanting on the emotions
• Correct pronunciation and mental attitude
• Learning of classical Sanskrit chants
• Subtle aspects of a vegetarian diet
• Proper diet according to the 3 doshas in Ayurveda
|6:00am||Meditation, mantra chanting, lecture|
|9:00am||Anatomy and Physiology|
|Noon||Study of Raja Yoga or Sanskrit lesson|
|2:00pm||Main lecture on Vedanta|
|4:00pm||Asanas and Pranayama|
|7.30pm||Meditation, mantra chanting, lecture or silent nature walk|
(Schedule subject to change.)
You can deepen your knowledge in Further Teacher Trainings.
Yoga Teachers' Training Course (TTC) 401 TUs
Advanced Yoga Teachers' Training Course (ATTC) 437 TUs
Further Training for Yoga Teachers weekends 26 - 52 TUs
In cooperation with the Open International University: With the Sivananda Yoga Teachers' Training Courses you can earn credits towards Bachelor, Master and PhD programmes in philosophy (spiritual counselling) and interfaith studies.
For details, visit www.iiihs.com
• The Complete Illustrated Book of Yoga, by Swami Vishnudevananda, Three Rivers Press
• Meditation and Mantras, by Swami Vishnudevananda, Motilal Banarsidass Publishers
These books can be ordered from our online shop or purchased directly in the Sivananda Yoga Centres.
TTC manual and teacher’s uniforms
Yoga mat, cushion, blanket (you’ll find a large selection of yoga accessories in the yoga boutique on site)
Comfortable as well as warm clothing
Notebook, torch (flashlight)
Sandals or slippers for indoors, walking shoes, swim suit
Towel, toiletries, Neti pot
Attendance at all spiritual activities is mandatory. During the course meat,
fish, alcohol, tobacco, coffee, black tea, eggs, drugs and revealing clothing
are not allowed.
Not abiding to these rules may lead to dismissal from the course. During the course we cannot cater to personal dietary preferences except for yogic-vegetarian meals.
A 300 Euro deposit is due with your application.
The balance is to be paid 4 weeks prior to the course.
Volksbank Scheffau, Austria
Acct nr. 700 33 749, bank code 43 770
IBAN: AT04 4377 0000 7003 3749
For payments by credit card a 2% administration fee will be charged.
Please transmit your credit card information over the phone:
+43(0) 5356/67 404.
1. Cancellation before the start of the course: A credit note for the full amount of the course will be issued, minus a 50 Euro administration fee.
2. Leaving the course: A credit note for the full amount of the course – minus the days present in the course – will be issued minus a 50 Euro administration fee.
3. In case of early departure: the course manual must be returned before leaving the teaching location for the credit note to be authorized.
4. The credit note will only be issued two to four weeks after the course completion date and will not be issued at the course location.
5. Credit notes are non-transferable and can only be used by the individual whose name appears on the credit note. Credit notes are valid for one year and can be used in any Sivananda Yoga Center or Ashram. Please note: Credit notes cannot be applied to boutique purchases. In Reith (Austria), the credit note cannot be applied to room and board fees.
The yoga-credit note is not transferable, valid for 2 years and can be used in all Sivananda Yoga Centres or Ashrams. It cannot be used for boutique items. Certain restrictions may apply.
Books by Swami Visnudevananda