· What are the steps for each asana?
· How long can the asana be held?
· What has to be considered when coming out of the pose?
· What are the contraindications?
· How can the physical and mental effects of the asanas be conveyed?
· Which counterposes, counter-movements and relaxation techniques are advisable?
· Which movements of the spine and major joints are involved in the asana?
· What are the typical imbalances of muscle length and muscle strength in each asana?
· When can more conscious breathing and relaxation improve the asana?
· Where does the asana fit into the traditional sequence of the yoga class?
· How does the posture feel "inside"? How does it affect the three Gunas?
· Study and practice of the major asana cycles
· Easy variations for "rusty" students
· Recognising posture faults and limitations
· Detailed training in the correction workshop
Textbook: Yoga: Your Home Practice Companion, Sivananda Yoga Centres
Room & board in ecological health and no-smoking hotel serving wholesome organic Yogic-vegetarian food. The rooms are equipped with wood furniture, holistic mattresses, wooden floors, shower, toilet, hairdryer, telephone and radio. Most rooms have a balcony. Please book through the Sivananda Retreat House.
Limited availability. Please bring your student ID or unemployment card.
All rates include VAT.
Rates are subject to a 1.80 € visitor's tax per person per night.