· What are the steps for each asana?
· How long can the asana be held?
· What has to be considered when coming out of the pose?
· What are the contraindications?
· How can the physical and mental effects of the asanas be conveyed?
· Which counterposes, counter-movements and relaxation techniques are advisable?
· Which movements of the spine and major joints are involved in the asana?
· What are the typical imbalances of muscle length and muscle strength in each asana?
· When can more conscious breathing and relaxation improve the asana?
· Where does the asana fit into the traditional sequence of the yoga class?
· How does the posture feel "inside"? How does it affect the three Gunas?
· Study and practice of the major asana cycles
· Easy variations for "rusty" students
· Recognising posture faults and limitations
· Detailed training in the correction workshop
Textbook: Yoga: Your Home Practice Companion, Sivananda Yoga Centres
Room & board in ecological health and no-smoking hotel serving wholesome organic Yogic-vegetarian food. The rooms are equipped with wood furniture, holistic mattresses, wooden floors, shower, toilet, hairdryer, telephone and radio. Most rooms have a balcony.
Should the hotel be fully booked accommodation will be in the Sivananda Guesthouse, just 5 minutes walking distance from the Retreat House. The Sivananda Guesthouse offers a contemplative atmosphere, garden, sun deck and meditation room. Shared shower and toilet facilities are located on each floor. According to the booking conditions meals will be served either at the eco-hotel Pointner or at Sivananda Guesthouse.
Limited availability. Please bring your student ID or unemployment card.
All rates include VAT.
Rates are subject to a 1.10 € visitor's tax per person per night.