Advanced Teachers' Training Course
3 September – 1 October 2023
Expand your yoga practice and knowledge
- The first advanced yoga teachers’ training course in the West was founded in 1978 by Swami Vishnudevananda
- Diploma of the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres (ISYVC)
- Over 5,500 graduates worldwide
- 437 training units (45 minutes each)
- Recognized by the US Yoga Alliance for the 300 hours standard required by Registered Yoga Schools (RYS)
The four-week Advanced Teachers’ Training Course allows graduates of the Sivananda Yoga Teachers Training Course to further expand their knowledge and practice. You gain a deeper understanding of yoga and strengthen your Sadhana and spiritual life.
- Deeper study of Vedanta philosophy – the intellectual path to spiritual evolution and realisation; introduction to Vedantic meditation and Vedantic mantras.
- Study of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali Maharishi: a fascinating analysis of the mental potential of humankind; practical steps to overcoming human suffering and weaknesses.
- Daily practice of advanced asana variations and advanced pranayamas: a energy boost for spiritual development.
- Bhakti Yoga: classical methods of devotion
- Karma: its deeper meaning for our daily actions
- Anatomy and physiology of the nervous system in relation to asanas, pranayama and meditation
- Sanskrit: Learning the alphabet; pronunciation and writing of mantras and hymns
Daily: two meditation sessions, two yoga classes, one pranayama class (breathing exercises), three lectures, one hour of service to the ashram community. One day a week is lecture-free.
- The twelve basic postures in depth
- Practice of classical advanced variations
- Precise corrections
- Deeper understanding of Hatha Yoga
- Extended practice of Anuloma Viloma
- Advanced pranayamas
- Proper use of the Bandhas
- The philosophical schools of India
- Analogies of the supreme reality
- Study of Vedantic meditation techniques
- Explanation of Vedantic mantras
- In-depth study of the Yoga Sutras from Patanjali
- The mind, its mystery and control
- Detailed study of the eight steps of Raja Yoga
- The nine types of Bhakti
- The five attitudes of devotion
- Learning the Sanskrit alphabet
- Correct pronunciation and spelling of the mantras and hymns
Anatomy and physiology
- Study of the nervous system, brain, endocrine glands and how they relate to the practice of asanas, pranayama and meditation
Kirtan (mantra chanting)
- Positive effects on the emotions
- Correct pronunciation and mental attitude
- Learning of classical Sanskrit songs
- Subtle aspects of the vegetarian diet
- Proper nutrition according to the three-Dosha theory of Ayurveda
Successful completion of the Sivananda Yoga Teachers’ Training Course is a prerequisite for all participants. This course is intensive and sound physical and mental health is required.
Swami Sivadasananda, Swami Ramapriyananda, Swami Narayanananda and further senior instructors of the Retreat House with many years of practice and teaching experience.
Our graduates can receive an internationally recognized certification through the worldwide Yoga Alliance confirming that, in combination with the hours earned in the TTC, they are 500-hour qualified yoga teachers.
Yoga Alliance Certified 300-hour Training
Live Info Event
for the Advanced Teacher Training
Online Live every other Sunday, 5:30 – 6:15 pm
"Only in Ashrams can students really begin on the spiritual path and do intensive Sadhana"
The course fees depend on your room category and include examination fee and training manual.
All rates include VAT and are subject to a €1.80 visitor’s tax per person per night, which will be collected at the Retreat House.
There is a reduced price for students and the unemployed with limited number of spaces.
Student ID or unemployment card is required for verification.
|Dormitory (for ladies)||€2,312|
|Shared room (for men)||€2,412|
Prices valid until 28 February 2023.
During the Advanced yoga teacher training in Tyrol, Austria, you will be staying in the eco-hotel Pointner, which serves vegetarian […]Read More ›
You will need the following books for the Sivananda Advanced Teachers’ Training Course: Meditation and Mantras, by Swami Vishnudevananda The […]Read More ›