Live Online course
a Holistic Way of Life
with S.K. Kamlesh, Ayurveda Acharya, North India
20 March - 25 April 2021
Shanti Kumar Kamlesh
is a 7th-generation Ayurveda Master. He graduated from Nagarjun Ayurvedic College in Lucknow, and has been teaching the fundamentals of the Ayurveda science of life, Ayurvedic cooking classes, and giving personal health consultations for over 40 years.
Mr Kamlesh has been visiting the Sivananda Yoga Centers for many years.
Ayurveda - a Holistic Way of Life
Live Online Course
Saturdays and Sundays from 11:30 am to 1 pm
From 20 March to 25 April 2021
The online course will be taught in English with translation into German, French and Spanish.
Registration is possible for individual parts or for all three parts.
Saturday 20th of March
- Introducing a vegetarian diet: which food items should be left out and which ones should be introduced – how to manage a balanced transition – do’s and don’ts in vegetarian diet
Sunday 21st of March
- How the constitutions of vata, pitta and kapha relate to sattva (purity), rajas (passion) and tamas (laziness)
- Warning signs – how patterns of Imbalance can be seen in the body
Saturday 27th of March
- The important role of carbohydrates, protein, fat, minerals, and vitamins in the body: how these nutrients are digested and absorbed in the body – the 6 tastes as a guideline for the proper balance of these nutrients.
Sunday 28th of March
- Rejuvenation of the body with common herbs and spices
Saturday 3rd of April
- The Law of Karma (cause and effect): how our thoughts, actions and food choices define our health and well-being.
- Ayurveda and values for a complete life: dharma (moral value), artha (material value), kama (esthetic value), moksha (eternal value)
Sunday 4th of April
- Yogic cooking: practical tips for the kitchen – how to store food and spices – how to prepare yourself for cooking and eating – good and bad times for eating – recipes which suit all body constitutions.
Saturday 10th of April
- Food for Thought: how mental impressions affect our health. Examples of soothing sensory input. How to develop psychosomatic health in daily life.
- The changing needs of body and mind: how to apply Ayurveda health principles during childhood, adult life and old age.
Sunday 11th of April
- Good Sleep: how to sleep properly – how to end you day – how to start your day – how to wake up and get out of Bed – morning cleansing – respecting natural functions of the body
- How to bathe properly: when, how and how often to take bath – how to treat your skin – importance of fresh clothes – how to clean your eyes
Saturday 17th of April
- Weight Gain and Weight Loss according to Ayurveda: the Body Mass Index (BMI) – the ideal weight according to Vata, Pitta, kapha – learning how to chew properly
Sunday 18th of April
- Practical Cooking Class: lentils or dal soup with vegetables (sāmbhar) – dry curry of potatoes with vegetable and cashew nuts – popular Indian pancakes (dosas) – coconut chutney with fresh coriander and spices.
Saturday 24th of April
- How to improve your immune system: mechanisms of immunity – sattwa, the importance of a pure atmosphere and surrounding – ojas and how to increase natural body resistance – recipes to boost your immune strength
Sunday 25th of April
- Food Allergies: different types of food allergies, practical ways to adjust your diet
- How to improve your Brain Power and Memory with yogic diet