Ayurveda – Treasure for Health
LIVE & ONLINE
With Vaidya Sankar Sreelal and Vaidya Poornima Sreelal,
Ayurveda experts from Kerala, India
Sat., 11 February 2023 – Sat., 18 March 2023
from 9.00 to 10.30 AM
6-week course: €90
Ayurveda enables individualized healthy nutrition and a balanced lifestyle for everyone and for all ages. This course offers a general introduction with practical examples and time for questions and answers.
Introduction – free of charge
Saturday February 4, from 9.00 to 10.30 AM
Basics of Ayurveda
- Vision and purpose of Ayurveda
- The relationship between the five elements (Panchabhoothas), the sense organs and the doshas
- Questions and Answers
Vaidya Sankar Sreelal
Dr. Sankar Sreelal was born in a traditional Ayurveda practitioner’s family in Kerala. Apart from clinical practice, because of his analytical approach, he’s interested in applying IT in Ayurveda. He did his post-graduate work in bioinformatics.
Vaidya Poornima Sreelal
Dr. Poornima Sreelal is a leading Ayurvedic dietary consultant. She comes from a traditional healer’s family. After her graduation in Ayurveda, she specialized in Clinical nutrition and dietetics. She works on applied nutrition for curative purposes.
Ayurveda - Treasure for Health
11 February 2023
Ayurvedic concepts on body’s homeostasis
- Healing properties of Pancha Bhuta, the five elements – Understanding five elements and how to use its properties for the optimal health.
- Factors for proper homeostasis – Hithahara – Optimised diet, Hita vihara – optimal activity, Hita mana – proper mindset.
18 February 2023
Hita ahara – Healthy food for your body.
- How to select individualised food? Understanding basics of individual dietetics.
- What to eat on a daily basis? Choosing the right nutrients and timings for food
- When to eat? For getting optimum nutrient absorption.
25 February 2023
Hita vihara – Daily routine
- Elaborating on Dinacharya – daily routines mentioned in the Ayurvedic texts for improving health.
4 March 2023
Hita mana – Mind management to lead a healthy life
- The Ayurvedic concepts on mind
- Achara Rasayana – The social and behavioural guidelines one need to follow to have a healthier body.
11 March 2023
An overview on general disease classifications and different treatment approaches in Ayurveda
- Ayurvedic view on diseases.
- Classification of different treatment approaches and its logic.
- Sodana chikithsa – Over view on detox and treatments, different Panchakarma procedures.
- Samana Chikithsa – alleviating care through medications, external treatments like oil massage, Abhyanga, Kizhi, etc.
18 March 2023
Seasonal detox – For improving health span
- Seasonal detox – the significance and purpose.
- Who all can do seasonal detox?
- Some common procedures for doing detox from home.
Registration & Payment
6-week course: €90