Ayurveda, Yoga and Health
Wed. 17 August - Wed. 24 August 2022
With Cordula Interthal (Chandrika)
Daily lectures with Cordula Interthal (Chandrika)
Yoga and Ayurveda are sister disciplines.
Ayurveda gives a deeper understanding of healthy life habits.
A balanced yoga and meditation practice stabilizes the nervous system and the mind.
During the day there will be time for walks, for swimming in the nearby Giering pond, or for relaxing in a lounge chair on the yoga platform.
Ayurveda Lecture Topics
2:30 - 3:30 pm
|Thu., 18 August||Introduction to the body constitutions Vata, Pitta, Kapha|
|Fri., 19 August||Daily routine / healthy life habits|
|Sat., 20 August||Recognizing problems|
|Sun., 21. August||Balancing the constitution|
|Mon., 22 August||Boosting Agni (digestive fire)|
|Tue., 23 August||Transitioning to a vegetarian diet|
Asana and Pranayama Classes
8 - 9:30 am & 4 - 5:30 pm
For beginners and intermediate with a focus on
- Important muscle pairs in the asanas
- Tensing and relaxing
- Isotonic and isometric contractions
- Flow of movement and breath in the Sun Salutation
- Fine-tuning of motor and sensory impulses
- Parasympathetic nervous system: Relaxation and regeneration
- Shoulder Stand cycle: The pituitary/thyroid gland axis
- Energy expansion with Sun Salutation and Pranayama
- Psychosomatic effects of the asanas
- Looser legs, mobile hips, relaxed back
- Asanas for the shoulder girdle: The benefits of an open rib cage
- Exercises for feet and hands
Holistic Ayurveda Consultations
with Cordula Interthal (Chandrika)
Thu., 18 August – Tue., 23 August 2022
- Medical history
- Determining your body type
- Dietary advice with written recommendations
- Tips on a healthy lifestyle (written)
Please inquire about the cost on arrival.
Cordula Interthal (Chandrika)
Chandrika is a gynecologist, Ayurveda therapist, yoga teacher and co-author of the Sivananda book Practical Ayurveda
Arrival day, Wednesday, 17 August (arrival between 2 and 3:30 pm)
- 4 – 5:45 pm Asana and Pranayama class
- 6 pm Vegetarian dinner
- 8 – 9:30 pm Evening meditation, mantra chanting and Ayurveda lecture with Cordula Interthal
Thursday, 18 August – Tuesday, 23 August
- 6:00 – 7:30 am Morning meditation, mantra chanting, talk
Occasionally the morning meditation takes the form of a one-hour silent walk.
- 8:00 – 9:30 am Asana and Pranayama class; sometimes followed by a short talk on a health topic of yoga.
- 10:00 am Vegetarian brunch
- From 11:00 am Time for an invigorating visit to the sauna or a relaxing massage. Occasionally a walk or excursion.
- 2:30 – 3:30 pm Ayurveda lecture with Cordula Interthal
- 4:00 – 5:30 pm Asana and Pranayama class
- 6:00 pm Vegetarian dinner
- 8 – 9:30 pm Evening meditation, mantra chanting and talk
Wednesday, 24 August
- 6:00 – 7:30 am Morning meditation, mantra chanting
- 8:00 – 9:30 am Asana and Pranayama class
- 10:00 am Vegetarian brunch
- 12:00 pm Leave taking
- Departure or continue your yoga holiday.