Yoga & Ayurveda
Lecture with Cordula Interthal (Chandrika), gynaecologist and Sivananda Yoga teacher, Munich
Ayurveda is the traditional system of medicine in India. It views body, mind and soul as a whole, and this is reflected in all Ayurvedic approaches, from what constitutes a healthy lifestyle to the treatment of disease. The highest goal in Ayurveda is a happy, healthy and meaningful life.
- Introduction to basic Ayurvedic concepts: the three Doshas (Vata, Pitta, Kapha), the constitution (Prakriti), Agni (digestive fire) and Ama (toxins).
- The pillars of a healthy lifestyle: diet, sleep and a well-balanced approach to the sensory impressions / the outer world.
- Ayurveda@home: The daily routine for a strong body and mind; the 24 hour clock according to Ayurveda; small hygiene tips with a big effect; yoga and meditation for everyday; a well-balanced diet with the six tastes; the proper use of spices.
Chandrika is a yoga teacher, gynaecologist, Ayurvedic therapist and co-author of the new Sivananda book Practical Ayurveda.
Daily rates for yoga
Accommodation and meals:
Minimum stay: 2 nights
Triple rooms on request for 3 people staying for the same dates.
All rates include VAT and are subject to a €1.80 visitor's tax per person per night.
Prices valid from 8 January 2018 until 31 December 2018
Hotel closing times:
3 April / 2pm – 4 May 2018 / 2pm
2 December / 2pm – 14 December 2018 / 2pm
- 6 am: Meditation, mantra chanting, lecture (90 min)
- 8 am: Asanas and Pranayama (90 min)
- 10 am: Vegetarian brunch
- 11 am: Karma Yoga (selfless service)
- Noon: Workshop, lecture or free time
- 4 pm: Asanas and Pranayama (90 min)
- 6 pm: Vegetarian dinner
- 7:30 pm: Meditation, mantra chanting, lecture (90 min)
Programmes are subject to change or cancellation.
Accommodation and meals
Accommodation and meals are in the non-smoking eco-hotel serving wholesfood organic vegetarian meals.
All guest rooms have wooden floors and furniture, health mattresses, shower, toilet, hairdryer, telephone and radio. Most rooms have a balcony. more
What you will need for your stay
A meditation pillow for the morning and evening meditation sessions is recommended. A meditation shawl is also advantageous.
To practice the yoga poses you will need a non-slip yoga mat or wool mat. You will need a blanket to cover yourself at the end of the yoga class during the so-called final relaxation.
Pillows, shawls, blankets, mats and much more can be purchased in our online shop or in our boutique after arrival.
For your stay you should bring comfortable clothing, slippers, walking shoes, rain gear, torch (flashlight), bathing suit and towels. Eyeglass wearers should bring a hard case for safe storage during the yoga classes.