The Meditation Experience
A guide to the physical, mental and philosophical foundations of meditation.
A daily practical guide to breath meditation, mindfulness exercises, concentration on positive values, visualizations and sound meditation. In addition, short readings from yogic works.
These meditations are part of the yoga vacation programme. In order to cultivate the requisite silent atmosphere, the practice will take place separately from the usual evening programme in the Retreat House, in the meditation hall of the new "Ganga" house.
- Being aware of physical sensations: a balanced meditation posture brings the focus to the here and now
- Breath meditation: one-pointedness of mind through meditative pranayama techniques
- Emptying the mind: Mental relaxation and mindfulness exercises
- Concentration on positive values: This creates new, uplifting grooves in the mind that gradually replace negative feelings and moods
- Visualisation: Concentration exercises on light, colours and shapes. Mental images become clearer and more exact
- Sound meditation: Mantra chanting and mental mantra repetition have a harmonising effect on the mind
- Meditation@home: The how and why for continuing your meditation practice at home
With individual tips regarding place, time, posture, meditation technique, as well as a recommended reading list. Mantra initiation is optional.
aktuelle Termine / Upcoming events
|03.02.2019 / 16:00 – 08.02.2019 / 14:00||register|
|24.02.2019 / 16:00 – 01.03.2019 / 14:00||register|
|07.04.2019 / 16:00 – 12.04.2019 / 14:00||register|
|10.06.2019 / 16:00 – 16.06.2019 / 14:00||register|
|14.07.2019 / 16:00 – 19.07.2019 / 14:00||register|
|04.08.2019 / 16:00 – 09.08.2019 / 14:00||register|
|01.09.2019 / 16:00 – 06.09.2019 / 14:00||register|
|22.09.2019 / 16:00 – 27.09.2019 / 14:00||register|
|27.10.2019 / 15:00 – 01.11.2019 / 13:00||register|
|15.12.2019 / 16:00 – 20.12.2019 / 14:00||register|
Daily rates for yoga
Accommodation and meals:
Minimum stay: 2 nights
Triple rooms on request for 3 people staying for the same dates.
All rates include VAT and are subject to a €1.80 visitor's tax per person per night.
Prices valid from 7 January 2019 until 31 December 2019
- 6 am: Meditation, mantra chanting, lecture (90 min)
- 8 am: Asanas and Pranayama (90 min)
- 10 am: Vegetarian brunch
- 11 am: Karma Yoga (selfless service)
- Noon: Workshop, lecture or free time
- 4 pm: Asanas and Pranayama (90 min)
- 6 pm: Vegetarian dinner
- 7:30 pm: Meditation, mantra chanting, lecture (90 min)
Programmes are subject to change or cancellation.
Accommodation and meals
Accommodation and meals are in the non-smoking eco-hotel serving wholesfood organic vegetarian meals.
All guest rooms have wooden floors and furniture, health mattresses, shower, toilet, hairdryer, telephone and radio. Most rooms have a balcony. more
From 16 April until 4 May 2018 and from 4 November until 2 December 2018, accommodation and meals will be in House Ganga.
House Ganga is a former guesthouse built in the 1970s. It is located in the immediate vicinity of the Retreat House overlooking the village of Reith and with views of the surrounding mountains. It has several apartments, dormitories, a dining room and a lounge. Most of the floors have been renovated, but the cabinets and sanitary facilities are somewhat outdated. The garden invites you for quiet moments and relaxation. Two yogic vegetarian meals will be served daily.
What you will need for your stay
A meditation pillow for the morning and evening meditation sessions is recommended. A meditation shawl is also advantageous.
To practice the yoga poses you will need a non-slip yoga mat or wool mat. You will need a blanket to cover yourself at the end of the yoga class during the so-called final relaxation.
Pillows, shawls, blankets, mats and much more can be purchased in our online shop or in our boutique after arrival.
For your stay you should bring comfortable clothing, slippers, walking shoes, rain gear, torch (flashlight), bathing suit and towels. Eyeglass wearers should bring a hard case for safe storage during the yoga classes.