Programmes in India
The original source of yoga
The Himalayas are home to the highest mountain peaks in the world. They are majestic and mystical in equal measure.
Yogis have been coming to the Himalayas, known as Tapabhumi or "Land of Spiritual Practice", for thousands of years to experience the sublime nature of the soul. Even today, their powerful thoughts charge the mental atmosphere of the Himalayas.
The ancient temples and holy ashrams of India provide an an ideal setting for deep meditation and prayer in order to tap into the original source of yoga.
Teacher Training Courses in Rudraprayag
Rudraprayag is an ancient pilgrimage town (20,000 inhabitants) at the point of confluence of the Alaknanda and Mandakini, which are both tributaries to the River Ganges. Altitude of 890 m, 370 km away from Delhi. The area carries the spiritual thought currents of generations of spiritual seekers and pilgrims who walked and prayed in these pristine natural surroundings.
Monal Resort is located 3 km from Rudraprayag, on 3 acres (1.2 hectares) of pristine land, surrounded on three sides by the lesser Himalayan Range. Spacious rooms (1–3 beds) with private bathroom (Western standard).
Yoga teacher training in Rudraprayag, Himalayas, North India
- All courses in English, French, Spanish, German and Italian
- Now you can take the Teachers' Training Course on the electronic tourist visa on arrival.
Advanced teacher training course in Uttarkashi, Himalayas, North India
- All courses in English, French, Spanish and German
- In our Sivananda Kutir on the banks of the Ganges
Sadhana Intensive in Rudraprayag, Himalayas, North India
- The Sadhana Intensive is a two-week yoga course based on the classical teachings of the Hatha Yoga Pradipika. It was designed by Swami Vishnudevananda, who based the course curriculum on the intensive Hatha Yoga practice which he himself followed during a period of intense Sadhana retreat in the Himalayas.
- In English, French, Spanish and German