2-8 June 2023
Yogic Wisdom with Live Music
With Sri Venugopal Goswami, Bhakti Acharya, Vrindavan, North India
A journey to the meaning of life
Guest of Honour Sri Venugopal Goswami, Bhakti Yoga Acharya, Vrindavan, North India
Fri. 2 June – Thu. 8 June 2023 / 4 pm
Listening to the classical yoga scripture Srimad Bhagavatam connects Jnana (knowledge) with Bhakti (devotion).
In his incomparable style, Sri Venugopal Goswami presents the message of this scripture, which comprises the teachings of all yoga systems of India.
The inspiring words of wisdom are combined with a melodious interpretation of classical mantra chanting (Kirtan).
Evening by evening, the audience is guided on a seven-day soulful journey to the meaning and goal of human existence.
Sri Venugopal Goswami has visited the European Sivananda Centres since 1998.
His teachings come from a 500-year-old family tradition, which teaches this classical scripture.
Sri Venugopal Goswami studied Sanskrit and Indian philosophy at the Hindu University in Benares. He also studied classical singing under the world-renowned Indian vocalist master Pandit Jasraj.
With live music: harmonium, vocals, bamboo flute, shanai oboe and tabla.
Excellent North Indian professional musicians accompany this programme with classical raga melodies und rhythms.
Language: English with simultaneous translation into German.
You can also participate on a day-to-day basis.
- with SRI VENUGOPAL GOSWAMI
A Yogic Start into the Summer
Further Retreat Highlights with the swamis and senior teachers of the Sivananda Centres in Europe
- Morning meditation mit elevating mantra chanting und inspiration for the day
- Morning and afternoon: dynamic asana and pranayama workshops
Two levels: gentle und intermediate-advanced
- Mid-day lecture series: The Yoga of Equanimity – Practical inspiration from Swami Sivananda
- Nature walks to the most scenics spots of the area
- Delicious vegetarian meals in like-minded company
Yoga Vacation - What Awaits You
- Motivated, practising yogis
- Summertime practice on the outdoor cedar platform
- Quiet leisure moments on the Retreat House terrace
- Incomparable walks and hikes
- Healing swims in the nearby mineral-rich lakes
- A variety of interesting yoga themes
- A solid introduction to yoga and meditation
- Individual advice based on your experience
- Tastefully decorated yoga halls
- Daily meditation, mantra chanting as well as ceremonies for inner and outer peace
- Delicious vegetarian meals in a friendly atmosphere
- A well-stocked boutique with a selection of books, music and yoga accessories
- New healthy habits in a smoke- and alcohol-free environment
Video about yoga vacation
|6:00 – 7:30 am||Morning meditation, mantra chanting, talk|
Twice a week and weather-permitting, the meditation takes place as a silent walk.
|8:00 – 9:30 am||Asanas and pranayama, sometimes followed by a short lecture on the different aspects of yoga|
|10:00 am||Vegetarian brunch|
|11:45 am – 12:45 pm||Lecture series: The Yoga of Equanimity – Practical inspiration from Swami Sivananda|
|1:30 – 3:00 pm||Asana and pranayama class|
|3:00 pm||Tea and snack|
|4:00 – 6:00 pm||“The Unity of Being” – Bhagavata Saptaha with Sri Venugopal Goswami|
|6:30 pm||Vegetarian dinner|
|8:30 – 9:15 pm||Evening meditation or silent walk|
Programmes are subject to change or cancellation.
Accommodation and meals are in the non-smoking eco-hotel serving wholesfood organic vegetarian meals.
All guest rooms have wooden floors and furniture, health mattresses, shower, toilet, hairdryer, telephone and radio. Most rooms have a balcony.
A meditation pillow for the morning and evening meditation sessions is recommended. A meditation shawl is also advantageous.
To practice the yoga poses you will need a non-slip yoga mat or wool mat. You will need a blanket to cover yourself at the end of the yoga class during the so-called final relaxation.
Pillows, shawls, blankets, mats and much more can be purchased in our online shop or in our boutique after arrival.
For your stay you should bring comfortable clothing, slippers, walking shoes, rain gear, torch (flashlight), bathing suit and towels. Eyeglass wearers should bring a hard case for safe storage during the yoga classes.