Asanas – Strength & Flexibility
Sun., 26 January 2020 – Fri., 31 January 2020
This programme focuses on strengthening body and mind for all-round health.
- Asanas for strengthening legs and arms
- Asanas for a strong core and strong back
- Asanas for a flexible spine and a good posture
- The Headstand and its variations
- Workshop for correcting one’s sitting posture in meditation and pranayama
- Pranayama: from physical strength to mental strength
- Anatomical details in the asana practice (PowerPoint show)
- Strength, flexibility and mobility: practical asana examples
- Thought power: positive thinking for self-determination and mind control
- How yoga can relieve stress-related symptoms like fatigue, sleep disorders, high blood pressure and headaches
- Energy-rich food combinations from the vegetarian kitchen
Yoga: Your Home Practice Companion, Sivananda Yoga Centres
Many photos; asana practice programmes for beginner, intermediate and advanced users; relaxation and meditation; over 40 vegetarian recipes.
The Complete Illustrated Book of Yoga, Swami Vishnudevananda
|ACCOMMODATION & MEALS|
In a smoke-free eco-hotel
|Dormitory (for ladies only):||€42|
Minimum stay: 2 nights
Triple rooms on request for 3 people staying for the same dates.
All rates include VAT and are subject to a €1.80 visitor's tax per person per night.
|6:00 – 7:30 am||Morning meditation, mantra chanting, talk|
Twice a week and weather-permitting, the meditation takes place as a silent walk.
|8:00 – 9:30 am||Asanas and pranayama, sometimes followed by a short lecture on the different aspects of yoga|
|10:00 am||Vegetarian brunch|
from 11 am
|Time for an invigorating sauna visit or a relaxing massage; occasionally a walk or excursion. The time for the workshop/lecture on the yoga theme will be communicated after you arrive.|
|4:00 – 5:30 pm||Asanas and pranayama|
|6:00 pm||Vegetarian dinner|
|8:00 – 9:30 pm|
Evening meditation, mantra chanting, talk
Occasionally the meditation takes place as a silent walk.
Programmes are subject to change or cancellation.
Participation in the afternoon lecture/workshop is optional.
Accommodation and meals are in the non-smoking eco-hotel serving wholesfood organic vegetarian meals.
All guest rooms have wooden floors and furniture, health mattresses, shower, toilet, hairdryer, telephone and radio. Most rooms have a balcony.
A meditation pillow for the morning and evening meditation sessions is recommended. A meditation shawl is also advantageous.
To practice the yoga poses you will need a non-slip yoga mat or wool mat. You will need a blanket to cover yourself at the end of the yoga class during the so-called final relaxation.
Pillows, shawls, blankets, mats and much more can be purchased in our online shop or in our boutique after arrival.
For your stay you should bring comfortable clothing, slippers, walking shoes, rain gear, torch (flashlight), bathing suit and towels. Eyeglass wearers should bring a hard case for safe storage during the yoga classes.
Bookings are closed for this event.