Ayurveda Nutrition Essentials
Sat., 8 May 2021 – Sun., 13 June 2021
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM (CET)
Live Online Course with S. K. Kamlesh, Ayurveda Acharya
Saturdays & Sundays
With anatomical details, practical advice and home remedies. Learn how to make simple and achievable lifestyle improvements.
The online course will be taught in English with translation into German, French and Spanish.
Shanti Kumar Kamlesh
is a 7th-generation Ayurveda Master. He graduated from Nagarjun Ayurvedic College in Lucknow, and has been teaching the fundamentals of the Ayurveda science of life, Ayurvedic cooking classes, and giving personal health consultations for over 40 years.
Mr Kamlesh has been visiting the Sivananda Yoga Centers for many years.
Saturday May 8th
- The three constitution or body types of Ayurveda (Vata, Pitta, Kapha) and their role in human life
Sunday May 9th
- The six tastes and their effects on body and mind, how to use different tastes in a meal
Saturday May 15th
- Carbohydrates, protein, fat, minerals, and vitamins: how they are digested and absorbed in the body, their role in the body and their importance in the yogic diet
Sunday May 16th
- Ayurvedic advice for breakfast, lunch, and dinner; high energetic vegetarian meals which are easy to cook and digest.
Saturday May 22nd
- How to prepare and cook beans and lentils for easy digestion without getting gas
Sunday May 23rd
- How to prepare and cook different vegetables and fruits,
Saturday May 29th
- The health benefits of common Indian and Western spices and how to use them
Sunday May 30th
- The Importance of fats and the use of ghee, butter, and oils
Saturday June 5th
- Fried food – it’s values and limitations, which oils to use for frying , recipe examples
Sunday June 6th
- The three Gunas (qualities of nature) in Ayurveda, which guna is best for yoga practitioners.
Saturday June 12th
- Do’s and don’ts in vegetarian diet and how to manage a balanced transition for yoga practitioners.
Sunday June 13th
- Elimination of toxins and waste products; how to get a clear bowel movement
Upon registration you will be directed to the international credit card payment system "Stripe". Once the payment has been accepted, you will receive an email acknowledgement with the link to the online course.