Mon., 20 May 2024 – Fri., 24 May 2024
The regular practice of yoga asanas leads to an entirely new body feeling.
The asana classes focus on:
- Deeper relaxation through conscious body stretching
- Gradual development of vital capacity through pranayama exercises
- Focus on important muscle groups in the asanas and the corresponding counterposes
- Challenging asana variations: including Lateral Forward Bend, Tortoise and challenging balancing poses
- Deepen your asana practice with Scorpion, Full Bow and Pigeon
- Asanas and proprioception: listening to the body’s inner language
- Balancing poses for inner balance
- Holding the poses: achieving deep concentration in each asana
- Health benefits of asanas: understanding their effects on different body systems
- Meditation and concentration exercises for a clear and alert mind
- Yoga psychology: overcoming negative thoughts through positive thinking
- Yogic recipes: a 6-week plan for a tasty and healthy diet
Yoga: Your Home Practice Companion, Sivananda Yoga Centres
Many photos; asana practice programmes for beginner, intermediate and advanced users; relaxation and meditation; over 40 vegetarian recipes.
The Complete Illustrated Book of Yoga, Swami Vishnudevananda
|ACCOMMODATION & MEALS
In a smoke-free eco-hotel
|Dormitory (for ladies only):||€44|
Minimum stay: 2 nights
Triple rooms on request for 3 people staying for the same dates.
All rates include VAT and are subject to a €3.50 visitor's tax per person per night.
Prices valid until 30 September 2024
|6:00 – 7:30 am||Morning meditation, mantra chanting, talk
Twice a week and weather-permitting, the meditation takes place as a silent walk.
|8:00 – 9:30 am||Asanas and pranayama, sometimes followed by a short lecture on the different aspects of yoga|
|10:00 am||Vegetarian brunch|
from 11 am
|Time for an invigorating sauna visit or a relaxing massage; occasionally a walk or excursion. The time for the workshop/lecture on the yoga theme will be communicated after you arrive.|
|4:00 – 5:30 pm||Asanas and pranayama|
|6:00 pm||Vegetarian dinner|
|8:00 – 9:30 pm||
Evening meditation, mantra chanting, talk
Occasionally the meditation takes place as a silent walk.
Programmes are subject to change or cancellation.
Participation in the afternoon lecture/workshop is optional.
Accommodation and meals are in the non-smoking eco-hotel serving wholesfood organic vegetarian meals.
All guest rooms have wooden floors and furniture, health mattresses, shower, toilet, hairdryer, telephone and radio. Most rooms have a balcony.
A meditation pillow for the morning and evening meditation sessions is recommended. A meditation shawl is also advantageous.
To practice the yoga poses you will need a non-slip yoga mat or wool mat. You will need a blanket to cover yourself at the end of the yoga class during the so-called final relaxation.
Pillows, shawls, blankets, mats and much more can be purchased in our online shop or in our boutique after arrival.
For your stay you should bring comfortable clothing, slippers, walking shoes, rain gear, torch (flashlight), bathing suit and towels. Eyeglass wearers should bring a hard case for safe storage during the yoga classes.