Sun., 14 May 2023 – Fri., 19 May 2023
The regular practice of yoga asanas leads to an entirely new body feeling.
- Deeper relaxation through conscious stretching
- Building up vital capacity through Pranayama, step by step
- Important muscle groups in pose and counterpose
- Asana variations: Lateral Bend, Tortoise, balancing poses
- Asana variations: Scorpion, Full Bow, Pigeon
- Asanas and proprioception: listening to the inner voice of the body
- Balancing poses and inner balance
- Holding the poses: deep concentration in the asana
- Health for the entire body – the effects of the asanas on the different body systems are explained
- Meditation and concentration exercises for an open, aware mind
- Yoga psychology: overcoming negative thoughts through positive thinking
- Yogic recipes: a 6-week plan for a healthy and tasty diet
Yoga: Your Home Practice Companion, Sivananda Yoga Centres
Many photos; asana practice programmes for beginner, intermediate and advanced users; relaxation and meditation; over 40 vegetarian recipes.
The Complete Illustrated Book of Yoga, Swami Vishnudevananda
|ACCOMMODATION & MEALS
In a smoke-free eco-hotel
|Dormitory (for ladies only):||€42|
Minimum stay: 2 nights
Triple rooms on request for 3 people staying for the same dates.
All rates include VAT and are subject to a €1.80 visitor's tax per person per night.
|6:00 – 7:30 am||Morning meditation, mantra chanting, talk
Twice a week and weather-permitting, the meditation takes place as a silent walk.
|8:00 – 9:30 am||Asanas and pranayama, sometimes followed by a short lecture on the different aspects of yoga|
|10:00 am||Vegetarian brunch|
from 11 am
|Time for an invigorating sauna visit or a relaxing massage; occasionally a walk or excursion. The time for the workshop/lecture on the yoga theme will be communicated after you arrive.|
|4:00 – 5:30 pm||Asanas and pranayama|
|6:00 pm||Vegetarian dinner|
|8:00 – 9:30 pm||
Evening meditation, mantra chanting, talk
Occasionally the meditation takes place as a silent walk.
Programmes are subject to change or cancellation.
Participation in the afternoon lecture/workshop is optional.
Accommodation and meals are in the non-smoking eco-hotel serving wholesfood organic vegetarian meals.
All guest rooms have wooden floors and furniture, health mattresses, shower, toilet, hairdryer, telephone and radio. Most rooms have a balcony.
A meditation pillow for the morning and evening meditation sessions is recommended. A meditation shawl is also advantageous.
To practice the yoga poses you will need a non-slip yoga mat or wool mat. You will need a blanket to cover yourself at the end of the yoga class during the so-called final relaxation.
Pillows, shawls, blankets, mats and much more can be purchased in our online shop or in our boutique after arrival.
For your stay you should bring comfortable clothing, slippers, walking shoes, rain gear, torch (flashlight), bathing suit and towels. Eyeglass wearers should bring a hard case for safe storage during the yoga classes.