Expand Your Asanas
Sun., 16 February 2020 – Fri., 21 February 2020
The regular practice of yoga asanas leads to an entirely new body feeling.
- Deeper relaxation through conscious stretching
- Balancing poses and inner balance
- Important muscle groups in pose and counterpose
- Holding the poses: deep concentration in the asana
- Asana variations: Scorpion, Full Bow, Pigeon
- Asana variations: Lateral Bend, Tortoise, balancing poses
- Asanas and proprioception: listening to the inner voice of the body
- Building up vital capacity through pranayama, step by step
- Health for the entire body – the effects of the asanas on the different body systems are explained (PowerPoint show)
- Meditation and concentration exercises for an open, aware mind
- Yoga psychology: overcoming negative thoughts through positive thinking
- Yogic recipes: A 6-week plan for a healthy and tasty diet
Yoga: Your Home Practice Companion, Sivananda Yoga Centres
Many photos; asana practice programmes for beginner, intermediate and advanced users; relaxation and meditation; over 40 vegetarian recipes.
The Complete Illustrated Book of Yoga, Swami Vishnudevananda
|ACCOMMODATION & MEALS|
In a smoke-free eco-hotel
|Dormitory (for ladies only), from 15 May 2020:||€40|
|Dormitory (for ladies only), until 16 April 2020:||€39|
Minimum stay: 2 nights
Triple rooms on request for 3 people staying for the same dates.
All rates include VAT and are subject to a €1.80 visitor's tax per person per night.
|6:00 – 7:30 am||Morning meditation, mantra chanting, talk|
Occasionally the morning meditation takes place in the form of a silent walk
|8:00 – 9:30 am||Asanas and pranayama, sometimes a short talk on the health aspects of yoga follows the class|
|10:00 am||Vegetarian brunch|
|From 11 am||Time for an invigorating sauna visit, a relaxing massage, occasionally a walk or an excursion|
|2:00 – 3:00 pm||Lecture or workshop (sometimes a short lecture following the morning asana class)|
|4:00 – 5:30 pm||Asanas and pranayama|
|6:00 pm||Vegetarian dinner|
|7:30 – 9:00 pm||Evening meditation, mantra chanting, talk, sometimes by a guest presenter.|
Occasionally the evening meditation takes place in the form of a silent walk
Programmes are subject to change or cancellation.
Participation in the afternoon lecture/workshop is optional.
Donate your time: Many yoga vacation guests contribute to the community feeling in the Retreat House by volunteering during their stay. Ask at the reception desk for more information.
Accommodation and meals are in the non-smoking eco-hotel serving wholesfood organic vegetarian meals.
All guest rooms have wooden floors and furniture, health mattresses, shower, toilet, hairdryer, telephone and radio. Most rooms have a balcony.
A meditation pillow for the morning and evening meditation sessions is recommended. A meditation shawl is also advantageous.
To practice the yoga poses you will need a non-slip yoga mat or wool mat. You will need a blanket to cover yourself at the end of the yoga class during the so-called final relaxation.
Pillows, shawls, blankets, mats and much more can be purchased in our online shop or in our boutique after arrival.
For your stay you should bring comfortable clothing, slippers, walking shoes, rain gear, torch (flashlight), bathing suit and towels. Eyeglass wearers should bring a hard case for safe storage during the yoga classes.