Fri., 18 September 2020 – Sun., 20 September 2020
During meditation, the positive thoughts which prevail have a beneficial effect on the mind, nerves, sense organs and the entire body.
- Focus in the asana practice: posture, breathing and relaxation
- Hip-opening asana variations and workshop on the seated pose for meditation
- Meditative breathing through pranayama
- Meditative holding of the asana: firm and relaxed
- Focus on proprioception, the body’s deeper sense of touch
- 12 classical steps in the meditation experience
- Establishing a meditation practice at home
- Achieving mental and emotional balance with mantras
- Karma and mind: cause and effect in one’s own thought processes
- Meditation and yoga philosophy
- Concentration exercises using candlelight and uplifting images and objects
The programme “Yoga & Mountain Magic” is taking place continuously from July to September. The upper mentioned topics will be covered in the asana classes and lectures.
Meditation and Mantras, Swami Vishnudevananda
The Sivananda Book of Meditation, Sivananda Yoga Centres
|ACCOMMODATION & MEALS
In a smoke-free eco-hotel
|Dormitory (for ladies only):||€42|
Minimum stay: 2 nights
Triple rooms on request for 3 people staying for the same dates.
All rates include VAT and are subject to a €1.80 visitor's tax per person per night.
|6:00 – 7:30 am||Morning meditation, mantra chanting, talk
Twice a week and weather-permitting, the meditation takes place as a silent walk.
|8:00 – 9:30 am||Asanas and pranayama, sometimes followed by a short lecture on the different aspects of yoga|
|10:00 am||Vegetarian brunch|
from 11 am
|Time for an invigorating sauna visit or a relaxing massage; occasionally a walk or excursion. The time for the workshop/lecture on the yoga theme will be communicated after you arrive.|
|4:00 – 5:30 pm||Asanas and pranayama|
|6:00 pm||Vegetarian dinner|
|8:00 – 9:30 pm||
Evening meditation, mantra chanting, talk
Occasionally the meditation takes place as a silent walk.
Programmes are subject to change or cancellation.
Participation in the afternoon lecture/workshop is optional.
Accommodation and meals are in the non-smoking eco-hotel serving wholesfood organic vegetarian meals.
All guest rooms have wooden floors and furniture, health mattresses, shower, toilet, hairdryer, telephone and radio. Most rooms have a balcony.
A meditation pillow for the morning and evening meditation sessions is recommended. A meditation shawl is also advantageous.
To practice the yoga poses you will need a non-slip yoga mat or wool mat. You will need a blanket to cover yourself at the end of the yoga class during the so-called final relaxation.
Pillows, shawls, blankets, mats and much more can be purchased in our online shop or in our boutique after arrival.
For your stay you should bring comfortable clothing, slippers, walking shoes, rain gear, torch (flashlight), bathing suit and towels. Eyeglass wearers should bring a hard case for safe storage during the yoga classes.
Bookings are closed for this event.