Meditation – Experiencing Inner Balance
Sun., 12 May 2019 – Fri., 17 May 2019
Scientific studies have shown that meditation improves self-perception, memory and empathy.
The meditation practice is not just an effective relaxation technique, but also boosts our power of concentration and our vital energy. Blood pressure and pulse rate are considerably reduced, the breath becomes slower and deeper, and the entire organism receives a richer supply of oxygen. Cell metabolism improves, and the immune system and cardiovascular system are strengthened. The physical, mental and philosophical aspects of meditation are explained in short talks.
Practical introduction to meditation:
- Being aware of physical sensations: The two yoga classes daily with individual asana variations help to develop a balanced meditation posture and bring the focus to the here and now.
- Breathing meditation: Individual adjustments to the pranayama techniques refine your breathing and develop one-pointedness of mind.
- Emptying the mind: Mental relaxation and mindfulness exercises.
- Concentrating on positive values: This creates new, uplifting grooves in the mind that gradually replace negative feelings and moods.
- Visualisations: Concentration exercises on light, colours and shapes. Mental images become clearer and more exact.
- Sound meditation: Mantra chanting and mental mantra repetition have a harmonising effect on the mind.
- Movement meditation: On group walks with times of silence you learn to bring this meditative awareness to daily activities.
- Meditation@home: By practising different meditation techniques we discover how we want to continue the meditation practice at home and with what objectives.
The instructors are happy to give you individual advice regarding place, time, posture and meditation technique. With a list of recommended reading.
|ACCOMMODATION & MEALS|
|Shared room (3–6 beds):||€50|
|6:00 am||The day begins|
|6:30 am||Silent meditation, mantra chanting|
|8:30 – 10:00 am||Asanas and pranayama|
|10:30 am||Organic vegetarian brunch|
|11:30 am – 4:00 pm||Free time, walks, occasional lectures, sauna & wellness|
|4:00 – 5:30 pm||Asanas and pranayama|
|6:00 pm||Organic vegetarian dinner|
|7:30 – 9:00 pm||Silent meditation, mantra chanting, talk|
|10:00 pm||Lights out|
Programmes are subject to change or cancellation.
This programme takes place in Hotel Sonnberghof ****: Eco-farm with a wide-open view of the 3000 m peaks of the Hohe Tauern National Park. Two vegetarian, wholefood and balanced meals in accordance with yogic principles are served buffet style in the solid wood dining hall or on the spacious guest terrace. All products are organically grown. Mountain spring water from the farm’s own forest spring. Rooms with a splendid view. Use of Swiss Pine wood has positive effects on circulation and sleeping comfort. 550 m² indoor spa.
(11:30 am – 4 pm): 550 m² indoor spa, Pinzgau sweat lodge, herbal sauna, steam pool, infrared sauna, “Heaven Swing” viewing tower, 5 treatment rooms, wooden tub for baths, natural swimming pool.
The instructorsTwo senior instructors from the Sivananda Yoga Retreat House will accompany you during your yoga stay and provide individual guidance. They each have many years of experience in teaching yoga and meditation, and bring refreshing enthusiasm and know-how from their own steady practice and from regular further training.
A meditation pillow for the morning and evening meditation sessions is recommended. A meditation shawl is also advantageous. You will need a blanket to cover yourself at the end of the yoga class during the so-called final relaxation.
To practice the yoga poses you will need a non-slip yoga mat or wool mat. Pillows, shawls, blankets, mats and much more can be purchased in our online shop or in our boutique after arrival.
For your stay you should bring comfortable clothing, slippers, walking shoes, rain gear and bathing suit.
Eyeglass wearers should bring a hard case for safe storage of their glasses during the yoga classes.
Bookings are closed for this event.