Sat., 11 November 2023 – Sat., 16 December 2023
9:00 AM - 10:30 AM (CET)
With Sreelal Sankar and Poornima Sreelal, Ayurveda experts from Kerala, India
This course explores the health potential of daily nutrition.
Through observation of the effects of each food item for generations, Ayurveda offers time proven wisdom for a balanced and healthy diet.
Presenting viewpoints of contemporary science will help to better understand and apply this wisdom in day-to-day life.
Part 1 – Cereals, Pulses and Spices
A detailed presentation of mainly solid food groups like cereals, pulses, spices, their properties and uses.
11 November 2023
- Introduction to Ayurvedic dietary principles.
- Factors to be considered in deciding on one’s diet
- Classification of food items in Ayurveda
18 & 25 November 2023
- The properties of different cereals as per Ayurveda and modern concepts
- Nutraceutical use of cereals and recipes for proper utilization
- Ideal time and other considerations for eating particular cereals
2 December 2023
- Pulses, their benefits and uses according to Ayurveda
- Special focus on pulses which are commonly used in Europe
- Sample recipes and considerations for using different combinations depending on the individual constitution
9 & 16 December 2023
- Spices and condiments to improve the absorption of nutrients. Discussing both Indian spices and those commonly used in Europe.
- Physiological and medicinal properties and sample recipes
- How can spices be harmful?
was born in a traditional Ayurveda practitioner’s family in Kerala. Apart from clinical practice, because of his analytical approach, he’s interested in applying IT in Ayurveda. He did his post-graduate work in bioinformatics.
is a leading Ayurvedic dietary consultant. She comes from a traditional healer’s family. After her graduation in Ayurveda, she specialized in Clinical nutrition and dietetics. She works on applied nutrition for curative purposes.
Upon registration you will be directed to the international credit card payment system "Stripe". Once the payment has been accepted, you will receive an email acknowledgement with the link to the online course.
Bookings are closed for this event.