The Meditation Experience
Sun., 14 July 2019 – Fri., 19 July 2019
A guide to the physical, mental and philosophical foundations of meditation.
A daily practical guide to breath meditation, mindfulness exercises, concentration on positive values, visualizations and sound meditation. In addition, short readings from the yogic scriptures
These meditations are part of the yoga vacation programme. In order to cultivate the delicate silent atmosphere, the practice will take place separately from the usual evening programme in the Retreat House, in the meditation room of the new “Ganga” house.
- Being aware of physical sensations: A balanced meditation posture brings the focus to the here and now
- Breath meditation: One-pointedness of mind through meditative pranayama techniques
- Emptying the mind: Mental relaxation and mindfulness exercises
- Concentration on positive values: This creates new, uplifting grooves in the mind that gradually replace negative feelings and moods
- Visualisation: Concentration exercises on light, colours and shapes. Mental images become clearer and more exact
- Sound meditation: Mantra chanting and mental mantra repetition have a harmonising effect on the mind
- Meditation@home: Hints with which techniques and goals one can continue the meditation practice at home.
With individual tips regarding place, time, posture, meditation technique, as well as a recommended reading list. Mantra initiation is optional.
|ACCOMMODATION & MEALS In a smoke-free eco-hotel|
Minimum stay: 2 nights
Triple rooms on request for 3 people staying for the same dates.
All rates include VAT and are subject to a €1.80 visitor's tax per person per night.
|6:00 – 7:30 am||Morning meditation, mantra chanting, talk|
Twice a week and weather-permitting, the meditation takes place as a silent walk.
|8:00 – 9:30 am||Asanas and pranayama, sometimes followed by a short lecture on the different aspects of yoga|
|10:00 am||Vegetarian brunch|
12 noon or
|Lecture, workshop or walk|
|4:00 – 5:30 pm||Asanas and pranayama|
|6:00 pm||Vegetarian dinner|
|8:00 – 9:30 pm|
Evening meditation, mantra chanting, talk
Occasionally the meditation takes place as a silent walk.
Programmes are subject to change or cancellation.
Participation in the afternoon lecture/workshop is optional.
Accommodation and meals are in the non-smoking eco-hotel serving wholesfood organic vegetarian meals.
All guest rooms have wooden floors and furniture, health mattresses, shower, toilet, hairdryer, telephone and radio. Most rooms have a balcony.
A meditation pillow for the morning and evening meditation sessions is recommended. A meditation shawl is also advantageous.
To practice the yoga poses you will need a non-slip yoga mat or wool mat. You will need a blanket to cover yourself at the end of the yoga class during the so-called final relaxation.
Pillows, shawls, blankets, mats and much more can be purchased in our online shop or in our boutique after arrival.
For your stay you should bring comfortable clothing, slippers, walking shoes, rain gear, torch (flashlight), bathing suit and towels. Eyeglass wearers should bring a hard case for safe storage during the yoga classes.
Updated July 14th, 2021
Arrival from Austria:
- For the day of arrival we ask you to do an antigen test. If carried out by an authorized body, it is valid for 48 hours. Self-tests are valid for 24 hours.
Arrival from Germany and Switzerland:
- An antigen test by an authorized agency is required for entry. This is valid for 48 hours.
Tests during your stay
- If you stay longer than 2 nights, we ask you to get free self-tests with QR code in your pharmacy in your home town. The self-tests must be repeated every 24 hours. If necessary, self-tests are available in the yoga shop at cost price
- Alternative: The Hotel Pointner is an “Authorized Test Center for Accommodation Companies”. You can test yourself there free of charge as part of “antigen self-tests under supervision” and thus extend the validity of the self-test from 24 to 48 hours.
The result of this test is available after just a few minutes, and the hotel will upload it to the platform www.tiroltestet.at and you will receive a confirmation SMS or email. A QR code is not necessary.
The test procedure is a simple and self-administered nasal swab.
- Those who do not bring self-tests can register with the Austrian social security number for a test in the Screeningstrasse Kitzbühel / parking lot Schwarzsee (due to high demand there may be a shortage of appointments, please register in advance at https://tiroltestet.leitstelle.tirol/).
For our guests from ALL OTHER COUNTRIES:
Please verify if you are eligible to travel to Austria: Re-open EU
- For the day of arrival we ask you to do an antigen test. These are valid for 48 hours.
The following applies to all of our guests:
Exceptions to the compulsory test – please bring confirmation with you:
- First vaccination is valid as evidence from the 22nd day and is then valid for three months from vaccination as evidence of admissions or for nine months if you already had COVID-19 21 days before the first vaccination.
- Second vaccination is valid for nine months from the first vaccination as evidence.
- In the case of vaccinations when only one vaccination is planned, this is valid as evidence from the 22nd day, and is then valid for nine months from the vaccination as evidence for admission.
- Separation notice or proof of recovery, if this was issued for a person who was proven to have been ill with SARS-CoV-2 in the last six months before the planned test.
- Medical confirmation of an infection that has occurred in the last six months and has currently expired, molecular-biologically confirmed.
- Proof of neutralizing antibodies (antibody test), which must not be older than three months.
Return to Germany:
You can leave the country without any restrictions – i.e. without a test.
Return to Switzerland:
All you have to do is make an electronic entry registration (as of June 18, 2021).
During the stay
On the day of arrival we try to organize everything as smoothly as possible – you will be entered in the Covid test list.
Guest registration will be carried out upon arrival. All you need is your name and mobile number.
- Please wear an FFP2 mask in all indoor areas.
- The mask can be removed during the Yoga practice.
- The use of rental mats, blankets and pillows is unfortunately not possible. Please bring your own equipment. You can also purchase it on site in the yoga shop.
- The Kapalabhati breathing exercise is not practiced in the halls.
- The floors are cleaned and disinfected daily. There are hand disinfectant dispensers in front of the yoga halls and platforms.
Lectures and meditations:
- As often as the weather permits, the activities will take place outdoors.
- Several times a week there will be meditative walks instead of sitting meditations.
- Please bring your own yoga mat, blanket and pillow with you to the meditations and lectures.
- Please let us know if you need a chair.
- The halls are systematically ventilated. Please bring warm clothing.
- A special air purification device ensures clean air in the yoga rooms. Viruses are destroyed and even the smallest particles are filtered out through a combination of special filters, UV-C light irradiation and ionization.
- Please wash your hands thoroughly with soap after and before all activities and also use the hand disinfectant dispensers, which are available at the entrance to all activities.
- If you have the urge to cough or sneeze, please leave the classroom immediately and observe the generally known cough and sneeze etiquette.
- Toilets: Please use the toilet in your own room during asana lessons, lectures or meditations.
- Please do not come to stay with symptoms of illness (fever, sore throat, difficulty breathing / shortness of breath, cough and / or taste disorders).
- Participation in the activities is no longer possible if you have a cold on site. Please contact the Retreat House management immediately so that the officially prescribed steps can be taken.
- Water and tea are available on the relaxation platform.
- Please bring your own drinking bottle for refills.
Unfortunately, the hotel sauna remains closed due to the lack of space for social distancing.
Reception and yoga shop
- Please make outstanding payments before your arrival. Outstanding remaining payments should be paid by credit card at the seminar house reception upon arrival, if possible.
Bookings are closed for this event.