Sun., 11 June 2023 – Thu., 15 June 2023
A guide to the physical, mental and philosophical foundations of meditation.
Daily practical guidance and short readings from the yogic scriptures
- A balanced meditation posture
- One-pointedness of mind through meditative breathing techniques
- Emptying the mind through mental relaxation
- Concentration on positive values
- Visualization of light, colours and shapes
- Sound meditation: mantra chanting and mental mantra repetition
- Meditation@home: tips on how to continue the meditation practice at home
- Mantra initiation if desired
- Deep relaxation
- Harmonizing pose and breath
- Mind – nervous system – musculature
- Forward Bend: from the toes to the neck
- Stimulating the internal organs
- Asanas for a strong back
- Parasympathetic nervous system – asana sequences for rest and regeneration
- Headstand workshop: basic pose and variations
- Pranayama – from cellular energy to subtle prana
- Better relaxation – more positive thoughts
Meditation and Mantras, Swami Vishnudevananda
The Sivananda Book of Meditation, Sivananda Yoga Centres
|ACCOMMODATION & MEALS
In a smoke-free eco-hotel
|Dormitory (for ladies only):||€42|
Minimum stay: 2 nights
Triple rooms on request for 3 people staying for the same dates.
All rates include VAT and are subject to a €1.80 visitor's tax per person per night.
|6:00 – 7:30 am||Morning meditation, mantra chanting, talk
Twice a week and weather-permitting, the meditation takes place as a silent walk.
|8:00 – 9:30 am||Asanas and pranayama, sometimes followed by a short lecture on the different aspects of yoga|
|10:00 am||Vegetarian brunch|
from 11 am
|Time for an invigorating sauna visit or a relaxing massage; occasionally a walk or excursion. The time for the workshop/lecture on the yoga theme will be communicated after you arrive.|
|4:00 – 5:30 pm||Asanas and pranayama|
|6:00 pm||Vegetarian dinner|
|8:00 – 9:30 pm||
Evening meditation, mantra chanting, talk
Occasionally the meditation takes place as a silent walk.
Programmes are subject to change or cancellation.
Participation in the afternoon lecture/workshop is optional.
Accommodation and meals are in the non-smoking eco-hotel serving wholesfood organic vegetarian meals.
All guest rooms have wooden floors and furniture, health mattresses, shower, toilet, hairdryer, telephone and radio. Most rooms have a balcony.
A meditation pillow for the morning and evening meditation sessions is recommended. A meditation shawl is also advantageous.
To practice the yoga poses you will need a non-slip yoga mat or wool mat. You will need a blanket to cover yourself at the end of the yoga class during the so-called final relaxation.
Pillows, shawls, blankets, mats and much more can be purchased in our online shop or in our boutique after arrival.
For your stay you should bring comfortable clothing, slippers, walking shoes, rain gear, torch (flashlight), bathing suit and towels. Eyeglass wearers should bring a hard case for safe storage during the yoga classes.