The Meditation Experience
Sun., 22 September 2019 – Fri., 27 September 2019
A guide to the physical, mental and philosophical foundations of meditation.
A daily practical guide to breath meditation, mindfulness exercises, concentration on positive values, visualizations and sound meditation. In addition, short readings from the yogic scriptures
These meditations are part of the yoga vacation programme. In order to cultivate the delicate silent atmosphere, the practice will take place separately from the usual evening programme in the Retreat House, in the meditation room of the new “Ganga” house.
- Being aware of physical sensations: A balanced meditation posture brings the focus to the here and now
- Breath meditation: One-pointedness of mind through meditative pranayama techniques
- Emptying the mind: Mental relaxation and mindfulness exercises
- Concentration on positive values: This creates new, uplifting grooves in the mind that gradually replace negative feelings and moods
- Visualisation: Concentration exercises on light, colours and shapes. Mental images become clearer and more exact
- Sound meditation: Mantra chanting and mental mantra repetition have a harmonising effect on the mind
- Meditation@home: Hints with which techniques and goals one can continue the meditation practice at home.
With individual tips regarding place, time, posture, meditation technique, as well as a recommended reading list. Mantra initiation is optional.
|ACCOMMODATION & MEALS In a smoke-free eco-hotel|
Minimum stay: 2 nights
Triple rooms on request for 3 people staying for the same dates.
All rates include VAT and are subject to a €1.80 visitor's tax per person per night.
|6:00 – 7:30 am||Morning meditation, mantra chanting, talk|
|8:00 – 9:30 am||Asanas and pranayama|
|10:00 am||Vegetarian brunch|
|2:00 – 3:00 pm||Lecture or workshop (sometimes a short lecture following the morning asana class)|
|4:00 – 5:30 pm||Asanas and pranayama|
|6:00 pm||Vegetarian dinner|
|7:30 – 9:00 pm||Evening meditation, mantra chanting, talk|
Programmes are subject to change or cancellation.
Participation in the afternoon lecture/workshop is optional.
Donate your time: Many yoga vacation guests contribute to the community feeling in the Retreat House by volunteering during their stay. Ask at the reception desk for more information.
Accommodation and meals are in the non-smoking eco-hotel serving wholesfood organic vegetarian meals.
All guest rooms have wooden floors and furniture, health mattresses, shower, toilet, hairdryer, telephone and radio. Most rooms have a balcony.
A meditation pillow for the morning and evening meditation sessions is recommended. A meditation shawl is also advantageous.
To practice the yoga poses you will need a non-slip yoga mat or wool mat. You will need a blanket to cover yourself at the end of the yoga class during the so-called final relaxation.
Pillows, shawls, blankets, mats and much more can be purchased in our online shop or in our boutique after arrival.
For your stay you should bring comfortable clothing, slippers, walking shoes, rain gear, torch (flashlight), bathing suit and towels. Eyeglass wearers should bring a hard case for safe storage during the yoga classes.