Sun., 20 March 2022 – Fri., 25 March 2022
A guide to the physical, mental and philosophical foundations of meditation.
A daily practical guide to breath meditation, mindfulness exercises, concentration on positive values, visualizations and sound meditation. In addition, short readings from the yogic scriptures
These meditations are part of the yoga vacation programme.
- Being aware of physical sensations: A balanced meditation posture brings the focus to the here and now
- Breath meditation: One-pointedness of mind through meditative pranayama techniques
- Emptying the mind: Mental relaxation and mindfulness exercises
- Concentration on positive values: This creates new, uplifting grooves in the mind that gradually replace negative feelings and moods
- Visualization: Concentration exercises on light, colours and shapes. Mental images become clearer and more exact
- Sound meditation: Mantra chanting and mental mantra repetition have a harmonizing effect on the mind
- Meditation@home: Hints on how to continue the meditation practice at home
With individual tips regarding place, time, posture, meditation technique, as well as a recommended reading list. Mantra initiation is optional.
Meditation and Mantras, Swami Vishnudevananda
The Sivananda Book of Meditation, Sivananda Yoga Centres
|ACCOMMODATION & MEALS
In a smoke-free eco-hotel
|Dormitory (for ladies only):||€42|
Minimum stay: 2 nights
Triple rooms on request for 3 people staying for the same dates.
All rates include VAT and are subject to a €1.80 visitor's tax per person per night.
|6:00 – 7:30 am||Morning meditation, mantra chanting, talk
Twice a week and weather-permitting, the meditation takes place as a silent walk.
|8:00 – 9:30 am||Asanas and pranayama, sometimes followed by a short lecture on the different aspects of yoga|
|10:00 am||Vegetarian brunch|
from 11 am
|Time for an invigorating sauna visit or a relaxing massage; occasionally a walk or excursion. The time for the workshop/lecture on the yoga theme will be communicated after you arrive.|
|4:00 – 5:30 pm||Asanas and pranayama|
|6:00 pm||Vegetarian dinner|
|8:00 – 9:30 pm||
Evening meditation, mantra chanting, talk
Occasionally the meditation takes place as a silent walk.
Programmes are subject to change or cancellation.
Participation in the afternoon lecture/workshop is optional.
Accommodation and meals are in the non-smoking eco-hotel serving wholesfood organic vegetarian meals.
All guest rooms have wooden floors and furniture, health mattresses, shower, toilet, hairdryer, telephone and radio. Most rooms have a balcony.
A meditation pillow for the morning and evening meditation sessions is recommended. A meditation shawl is also advantageous.
To practice the yoga poses you will need a non-slip yoga mat or wool mat. You will need a blanket to cover yourself at the end of the yoga class during the so-called final relaxation.
Pillows, shawls, blankets, mats and much more can be purchased in our online shop or in our boutique after arrival.
For your stay you should bring comfortable clothing, slippers, walking shoes, rain gear, torch (flashlight), bathing suit and towels. Eyeglass wearers should bring a hard case for safe storage during the yoga classes.
Bookings are closed for this event.