Whitsun Yoga Event (Pentecost)
Fri., 7 June 2019 – Mon., 10 June 2019
- Special yoga days: Common silent walks in the beautiful Alpine landscape
- Asanas: Further practice for advanced students; for beginners and rusty students a slow approach to the positions
- Meditation: Calming the brain functions to gain clarity of thought and new creative power
- Yoga lectures: Spiritual food for everyday challenges
- Vegetarian meals: light, low-fat, nutritious, organic, detoxifying
Certificate of participation for 30 training units (of 45 minutes each)
Asanas for a Healthy Back
Practical asana workshops to allign the spine with Swami Narayanananda and Narayani.
Fri. 7.6 / 4 pm, Sa. 8.6 & So. 9.6 / 8 am and 4 pm and Mon. 10.6 / 8 am
The twelve basic positions with variations have a preventative and supportive effect on the whole back. After just three days of intensive asana practice, impressive posture improvements can be achieved.
This becomes clear in the classical plumb line test:
- Individual plumb line photo with personal explanations
- Posture analysis with plumb line test (Powerpoint Show)
- Variations for strength and flexibility in the shoulder and pelvic area
- Posture, counter-posture and detailed relaxation
- Balance of muscle length and muscle strength
- Flexion, extension and rotation along the spine
- Asanas for lordosis (hollow back)
- Asanas in kyphosis (round back) and scoliosis (lateral curvature)
Yoga Asanas – Easy!
With senior teachers of the Sivananda Yoga Retreat House.
Fri. 7.6 / 4 pm – Mon. 10.6 / daily 8 – 9:50 am & 4 – 5:50 pm
With plenty of time to answer your questions.
- Basic yoga poses with preparatory exercises and deep relaxation
- Abdominal breathing, full yogic breathing and simple pranayama
- Better flexibility with the Sun Salutation
20 minutes of theory at the end of the yoga classes
- How asanas work
- Breath training
- Relaxation step by step
- Yogic diet
- Positive thinking and meditation
Ayurveda Clear and Simple
Lecture series with Cordula Interthal (Chandrika)
Fri. 7.6 / 7 pm, Sat. 8.6 / 8 pm, Sun. 9.6 / noon
- Introduction to the body constitutions Vata, Pitta, Kapha
- The healing power of food
- Vegetarian diet in Ayurveda
Chandrika is an obstetrician and gynaecologist, Ayurvedic therapist and teaches yoga at the Sivananda Yoga centres. She is co-author of the new Sivananda Ayurveda book Practical Ayurveda.
Chandrika offers holistic ayurvedic consulatations. Rates available at the reception.
With Kamala, Sivananda Yoga Blue Mountains, Australia.
Sat. 8.6 – Thu. 13.6
Swami Vishnudevananda: Pioneer, Master, Idealist – Biographical memories of a great yogi.
Meditations and Lectures
With the Swamis of the Retreat House.
Sat. 8.6 – Mon. 10.6 / at 6 am
- The steps of Hatha Yoga
- What is a yogic diet?
- Prana: bridge between body and mind
- The psychsomatic effects of the asanas
- Mental balance is yoga
Meadows, Forests and Lakes: Whitsun Walk for Everyone
Sun. 9.6 / 1:30 – 3 pm
Further Training for Yoga Teachers at Whitsun:
Adjust and Improve
With Swami Sivadasananda, Yoga Acharya.
Fri. 7.6 – Mon. 10.6
Expert and creative handling of mistakes, limitations, adaptations and variations in the asanas.
Swami Sivadasananda, senior student of Swami Vishnudevananda, has taught at workshops and Yoga Teachers’ Training Courses around the world for many years. He is a dynamic, precise and knowledgeable instructor. He is the author of the books Sivananda Beginner’s Guide to Yoga and Yoga – Your Home Practice Companion.
|ACCOMMODATION & MEALS In a smoke-free eco-hotel|
Minimum stay: 2 nights
Triple rooms on request for 3 people staying for the same dates.
All rates include VAT and are subject to a €1.80 visitor's tax per person per night.
|6:00 – 7:30 am||Morning meditation, mantra chanting, talk|
|8:00 – 9:30 am||Asanas and pranayama|
|10:00 am||Vegetarian brunch|
|2:00 – 3:00 pm||Lecture or workshop (sometimes a short lecture following the morning asana class)|
|4:00 – 5:30 pm||Asanas and pranayama|
|6:00 pm||Vegetarian dinner|
|7:30 – 9:00 pm||Evening meditation, mantra chanting, talk|
Programmes are subject to change or cancellation.
Participation in the afternoon lecture/workshop is optional.
Donate your time: Many yoga vacation guests contribute to the community feeling in the Retreat House by volunteering during their stay. Ask at the reception desk for more information.
Accommodation and meals are in the non-smoking eco-hotel serving wholesfood organic vegetarian meals.
All guest rooms have wooden floors and furniture, health mattresses, shower, toilet, hairdryer, telephone and radio. Most rooms have a balcony.
A meditation pillow for the morning and evening meditation sessions is recommended. A meditation shawl is also advantageous.
To practice the yoga poses you will need a non-slip yoga mat or wool mat. You will need a blanket to cover yourself at the end of the yoga class during the so-called final relaxation.
Pillows, shawls, blankets, mats and much more can be purchased in our online shop or in our boutique after arrival.
For your stay you should bring comfortable clothing, slippers, walking shoes, rain gear, torch (flashlight), bathing suit and towels. Eyeglass wearers should bring a hard case for safe storage during the yoga classes.
Bookings are closed for this event.