Sun., 29 September 2024 – Fri., 4 October 2024
Experience the profound stillness beyond the agitated surface of one’s own thoughts.
The asana classes focus on:
- Self-observation: Experience how gravity stretches the spine in various asanas, creates a relaxed stretch and deepens the relaxation pose
- Self-observation: How is my breath? Shallow or deep, fast or slow, and what thought patterns arise as a result
- Holding the asanas brings body and mind into balance
- Improving motor skills and refining perceptions through asana variations
- The conscious coordination of movement and breath in the Sun Salutation
- A flexible spine for a flexible mind
The talks cover:
- Practical ways to cultivate positive thoughts
- Obstacles in the meditation practice and how to overcome them
- Withdrawing our minds from the external sensory world to a realm of silence
- Discover the silence beneath the agitated surface of your thoughts
- Yoga Sutras: timeless teachings on analysis and control of the mind
- The Self, the aspect inherent in every human being That knows reality
- Yoga – union with inner peace
The Inner Path, Swami Durgananda
Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, with commentary by Swami Durgananda
|ACCOMMODATION & MEALS
In a smoke-free eco-hotel
|Dormitory (for ladies only):
Minimum stay: 2 nights
Triple rooms on request for 3 people staying for the same dates.
All rates include VAT and are subject to a €3.50 visitor's tax per person per night.
Prices valid until 30 September 2024
|6:00 – 7:30 am
|Morning meditation, mantra chanting, talk
Twice a week and weather-permitting, the meditation takes place as a silent walk.
|8:00 – 9:30 am
|Asanas and pranayama, sometimes followed by a short lecture on the different aspects of yoga
from 11 am
|Time for an invigorating sauna visit or a relaxing massage; occasionally a walk or excursion. The time for the workshop/lecture on the yoga theme will be communicated after you arrive.
|4:00 – 5:30 pm
|Asanas and pranayama
|8:00 – 9:30 pm
Evening meditation, mantra chanting, talk
Occasionally the meditation takes place as a silent walk.
Programmes are subject to change or cancellation.
Participation in the afternoon lecture/workshop is optional.
Accommodation and meals are in the non-smoking eco-hotel serving wholesfood organic vegetarian meals.
All guest rooms have wooden floors and furniture, health mattresses, shower, toilet, hairdryer, telephone and radio. Most rooms have a balcony.
A meditation pillow for the morning and evening meditation sessions is recommended. A meditation shawl is also advantageous.
To practice the yoga poses you will need a non-slip yoga mat or wool mat. You will need a blanket to cover yourself at the end of the yoga class during the so-called final relaxation.
Pillows, shawls, blankets, mats and much more can be purchased in our online shop or in our boutique after arrival.
For your stay you should bring comfortable clothing, slippers, walking shoes, rain gear, torch (flashlight), bathing suit and towels. Eyeglass wearers should bring a hard case for safe storage during the yoga classes.