Yoga and Mountain Magic
Sun., 3 September 2023 – Fri., 8 September 2023
The mountain magic yoga holidays in the beautiful Kitzbühel mountains offer active recreation and relaxation in equal measure.
- Two yoga classes per day with a focus on a particular theme. When the weather is nice, the class will be held on the outside platform.
- In-depth introduction to yoga with a variety of interesting themes
- Daily meditation and mantra chanting for inner and outer peace
- Delicious vegetarian meals in a friendly atmosphere
- Introspective leisure moments on the Retreat House terrace
- Incomparable walks directly from the Retreat House in the morning or evening twilight
- Healing swims in the nearby marshy lakes, Schwarzsee (3 km) and Gieringer Weiher (2 km)
Several times a week, approx. two-hour hikes. We take you to the most beautiful corners of the region.
Possible hiking destinations are:
- Bichlach: rolling hills of meadow and forest around the Vogelsberg and Giering ponds
- Schleier waterfall near Kitzbühel: a marvellous hiking route to the waterfall, with stops at the Ebner chapel and a goat farm
- Astbergweg: high-elevation hike with breath-taking views of the Wild Kaiser and the Kitzbühel mountains
- Gaudeamus Hut on Wild Kaiser
- Up to the Labalm in the Spertental near Kirchberg
- Around the Hinterstein lake near Scheffau
You can join this active yoga vacation at any time. Please bring hiking shoes and raingear.
For hikes requiring transportation, we take one of the participants’ cars or share a taxi.
The impressive Krimml Waterfalls or the Großglockner, the highest mountain and largest glacier in Austria, are ideal destinations for day trips.
|ACCOMMODATION & MEALS|
In a smoke-free eco-hotel
|Dormitory (for ladies only):||€42|
Minimum stay: 2 nights
Triple rooms on request for 3 people staying for the same dates.
All rates include VAT and are subject to a €1.80 visitor's tax per person per night.
|6:00 – 7:30 am||Morning meditation, mantra chanting, talk|
Twice a week and weather-permitting, the meditation takes place as a silent walk.
|8:00 – 9:30 am||Asanas and pranayama, sometimes followed by a short lecture.|
|10:00 am||Vegetarian brunch|
|12 noon||Walk or 2-3 hours hike or alternatively in bad weather:|
12 noon - 1pm
|Lecture or workshop.|
|4:00 – 5:30 pm||Asanas and pranayama|
|6:00 pm||Vegetarian dinner|
|8:00 – 9:30 pm|
Evening meditation, mantra chanting, talk
Programmes are subject to change or cancellation.
Accommodation and meals are in the non-smoking eco-hotel serving wholesfood organic vegetarian meals.
All guest rooms have wooden floors and furniture, health mattresses, shower, toilet, hairdryer, telephone and radio. Most rooms have a balcony.
A meditation pillow for the morning and evening meditation sessions is recommended. A meditation shawl is also advantageous.
To practice the yoga poses you will need a non-slip yoga mat or wool mat. You will need a blanket to cover yourself at the end of the yoga class during the so-called final relaxation.
Pillows, shawls, blankets, mats and much more can be purchased in our online shop or in our boutique after arrival.
For your stay you should bring comfortable clothing, slippers, walking shoes, rain gear, torch (flashlight), bathing suit and towels. Eyeglass wearers should bring a hard case for safe storage during the yoga classes.
Please note the measures and regulations relating to entry, stay and departure for yoga vacation. They are updated regularly.