Fri., 10 May 2019 – Sun., 12 May 2019
Bringing relaxation, awareness and concentration from the yoga mat into daily life – that is the goal of this programme.
- Asanas and pranayama: Where is the tension and what can we do to relieve it? Where do we lack awareness and how can we expand our consciousness? Detailed practice with much food for thought.
- Eating with awareness: Exercises to improve chewing and absorption.
- Meditation techniques for inner peace.
- Yoga as the best start to the day, yoga after work, yoga for busy people.
- Developing willpower – inspiration from yoga psychology.
- How the diet influences body and mind; the right combination of essential nutrients; therapeutic effects and techniques of fasting.
- Cooking theory: preparing quick and easy meals and snacks at home.
|ACCOMMODATION & MEALS|
|Shared room (3–6 beds):||€50|
|6:00 am||The day begins|
|6:30 am||Silent meditation, mantra chanting|
|8:30 – 10:00 am||Asanas and pranayama|
|10:30 am||Organic vegetarian brunch|
|11:30 am – 4:00 pm||Free time, walks, occasional lectures, sauna & wellness|
|4:00 – 5:30 pm||Asanas and pranayama|
|6:00 pm||Organic vegetarian dinner|
|7:30 – 9:00 pm||Silent meditation, mantra chanting, talk|
|10:00 pm||Lights out|
Programmes are subject to change or cancellation.
This programme takes place in Hotel Sonnberghof ****: Eco-farm with a wide-open view of the 3000 m peaks of the Hohe Tauern National Park. Two vegetarian, wholefood and balanced meals in accordance with yogic principles are served buffet style in the solid wood dining hall or on the spacious guest terrace. All products are organically grown. Mountain spring water from the farm’s own forest spring. Rooms with a splendid view. Use of Swiss Pine wood has positive effects on circulation and sleeping comfort. 550 m² indoor spa.
(11:30 am – 4 pm): 550 m² indoor spa, Pinzgau sweat lodge, herbal sauna, steam pool, infrared sauna, “Heaven Swing” viewing tower, 5 treatment rooms, wooden tub for baths, natural swimming pool.
The instructorsTwo senior instructors from the Sivananda Yoga Retreat House will accompany you during your yoga stay and provide individual guidance. They each have many years of experience in teaching yoga and meditation, and bring refreshing enthusiasm and know-how from their own steady practice and from regular further training.
A meditation pillow for the morning and evening meditation sessions is recommended. A meditation shawl is also advantageous. You will need a blanket to cover yourself at the end of the yoga class during the so-called final relaxation.
To practice the yoga poses you will need a non-slip yoga mat or wool mat. Pillows, shawls, blankets, mats and much more can be purchased in our online shop or in our boutique after arrival.
For your stay you should bring comfortable clothing, slippers, walking shoes, rain gear and bathing suit.
Eyeglass wearers should bring a hard case for safe storage of their glasses during the yoga classes.
Bookings are closed for this event.