Fri., 9 August 2024 – Sun., 11 August 2024
Bringing relaxation, awareness and concentration from the yoga mat into daily life – that is the goal of this programme.
- Where is the tension and what relieves it? Discover where your body stores tension and how you can release it.
- Conscious stretching and heightened awareness: experience how every movement feels and learn to listen to the body’s signals.
- Breathe freely: reduce stress and gain energy.
- Concentrate while holding the asanas: develop mental clarity and be in the present moment
- The 3 Gunas: energetic balance in your yoga practice
Talks and inspiration
- How the asanas work on the body and mind
- Yoga and meditation: the best morning and evening exercises to start and end your day.
- Breathing and the solar plexus: discover how breathing influences your emotional balance
- Eating with awareness, better digestion and the transformative power of fasting: a holistic approach to a healthy lifestyle
- Cooking theory: easy-to-digest dishes that can be prepared at home in no time
- Immerse yourself in the powerful sounds of the mantras
- Learn how you can develop your willpower for a more fulfilling life
Yoga: Your Home Practice Companion, Sivananda Yoga Centres
Many photos; asana practice programmes for beginner, intermediate and advanced users; relaxation and meditation; over 40 vegetarian recipes.
Thought Power, Swami Sivananda
The Sivananda Book of Meditation, Sivananda Yoga Centres
Registration is possible at any time. Arrival and departure dates can be fixed according to your preferences.
|ACCOMMODATION & MEALS
In a smoke-free eco-hotel
|Dormitory (for ladies only):
Minimum stay: 2 nights
Triple rooms on request for 3 people staying for the same dates.
All rates include VAT and are subject to a €3.50 visitor's tax per person per night.
Prices valid until 30 September 2024
|6:00 – 7:30 am
|Morning meditation, mantra chanting, talk
Twice a week and weather-permitting, the meditation takes place as a silent walk.
|8:00 – 9:30 am
|Asanas and pranayama, sometimes followed by a short lecture on the different aspects of yoga
from 11 am
|Time for an invigorating sauna visit or a relaxing massage; occasionally a walk or excursion. The time for the workshop/lecture on the yoga theme will be communicated after you arrive.
|4:00 – 5:30 pm
|Asanas and pranayama
|8:00 – 9:30 pm
Evening meditation, mantra chanting, talk
Occasionally the meditation takes place as a silent walk.
Programmes are subject to change or cancellation.
Participation in the afternoon lecture/workshop is optional.
Accommodation and meals are in the non-smoking eco-hotel serving wholesfood organic vegetarian meals.
All guest rooms have wooden floors and furniture, health mattresses, shower, toilet, hairdryer, telephone and radio. Most rooms have a balcony.
A meditation pillow for the morning and evening meditation sessions is recommended. A meditation shawl is also advantageous.
To practice the yoga poses you will need a non-slip yoga mat or wool mat. You will need a blanket to cover yourself at the end of the yoga class during the so-called final relaxation.
Pillows, shawls, blankets, mats and much more can be purchased in our online shop or in our boutique after arrival.
For your stay you should bring comfortable clothing, slippers, walking shoes, rain gear, torch (flashlight), bathing suit and towels. Eyeglass wearers should bring a hard case for safe storage during the yoga classes.