Yoga Workshop Days
Sun., 22 January 2023 – Fri., 27 January 2023
Explanation and practice of the most important elements of the yoga class.
Focused practice in the morning:
- Asanas – the perfect combination of posture, breathing and body awareness
- More life energy through yoga breathing exercises
- Developing physical and mental relaxation
- Mental focus in the practice
- Stress reduction with forward bends
Yoga classes with workshops in the afternoon:
- Workshop: flexibility of pelvis and hips
- Workshop: strengthening of shoulder girdle and arms
- Workshop: strength and flexibility of the back and opening of the chest
- Workshop: the inverted postures
- Workshop: balancing and asymmetrical asanas
- Yoga anatomy: the mechanics of the asanas
- Harmonizing posture, breathing and body awareness
- Balancing effect of yoga exercises on the nervous system
- Sitting better – meditating better
- Nutrition tips and recipes for yoga practitioners
- Yoga psychology: recognising and transforming typical thought patterns
- Meditation exercises for inner focus and harmony with oneself
Yoga: Your Home Practice Companion, Sivananda Yoga Centres
Many photos; asana practice programmes for beginner, intermediate and advanced users; relaxation and meditation; over 40 vegetarian recipes.
Registration is possible at any time. Arrival and departure dates can be fixed according to your preferences.
|ACCOMMODATION & MEALS|
In a smoke-free eco-hotel
|Dormitory (for ladies only):||€42|
Minimum stay: 2 nights
Triple rooms on request for 3 people staying for the same dates.
All rates include VAT and are subject to a €1.80 visitor's tax per person per night.
|6:00 – 7:30 am||Morning meditation, mantra chanting, talk|
Twice a week and weather-permitting, the meditation takes place as a silent walk.
|8:00 – 9:30 am||Asanas and pranayama, sometimes followed by a short lecture on the different aspects of yoga|
|10:00 am||Vegetarian brunch|
from 11 am
|Time for an invigorating sauna visit or a relaxing massage; occasionally a walk or excursion. The time for the workshop/lecture on the yoga theme will be communicated after you arrive.|
|4:00 – 5:30 pm||Asanas and pranayama|
|6:00 pm||Vegetarian dinner|
|8:00 – 9:30 pm|
Evening meditation, mantra chanting, talk
Occasionally the meditation takes place as a silent walk.
Programmes are subject to change or cancellation.
Participation in the afternoon lecture/workshop is optional.
Accommodation and meals are in the non-smoking eco-hotel serving wholesfood organic vegetarian meals.
All guest rooms have wooden floors and furniture, health mattresses, shower, toilet, hairdryer, telephone and radio. Most rooms have a balcony.
A meditation pillow for the morning and evening meditation sessions is recommended. A meditation shawl is also advantageous.
To practice the yoga poses you will need a non-slip yoga mat or wool mat. You will need a blanket to cover yourself at the end of the yoga class during the so-called final relaxation.
Pillows, shawls, blankets, mats and much more can be purchased in our online shop or in our boutique after arrival.
For your stay you should bring comfortable clothing, slippers, walking shoes, rain gear, torch (flashlight), bathing suit and towels. Eyeglass wearers should bring a hard case for safe storage during the yoga classes.
Please note the measures and regulations relating to entry, stay and departure for yoga vacation. They are updated regularly.