Conditions for participation and cancellation
for yoga teacher training in Reith, Tyrol, Austria
In order to keep a clean and pure atmosphere in the ashram it is essential that you follow the rules as well as the daily routine.
- Attendance at all classes, lectures, morning and evening meditations is mandatory. If a class or meditation cannot be attended, a written explanation has to be given to the principal of the course. Frequent absence may lead to expulsion from the course.
- Alcohol, tobacco, meat, fish, eggs, onions, garlic, black tea and coffee are prohibited on the ashram premises. During the course we cannot cater to personal dietary preferences except the yogic-vegetarian meals.
- An ashram is not a club or vacation resort. Your private or public conduct should enhance the spiritual atmosphere of the ashram. Do not waste your prana (life energy) in fruitless activities.
- If you wish to leave the ashram, except for short trips to the nearby villages, especially overnight, the principal of the course has to give permission.
- Karma Yoga, selfless service, is part of the course. It is a practical method to rid oneself from egoism and selfishness. Karma Yoga of at least one hour daily is expected of each participant.
- No nude bathing. Sauna only with bathing suit.
- Silence in the ashram after 10:30 pm.
- Rules for conduct in temples and meditation halls: The atmosphere should be kept especially pure in these localities. At least hands, feet and face must be clean. No unnecessary talk or prattle. These locations are for meditation and prayers.
- Loud music (rock etc.) is not allowed in the ashram. All music should be of spiritual nature.
- Absolutely no drugs. No taking, distributing or dealing in or around the ashram. If you get to know about others keeping, taking or distributing drugs you are obliged to report this to the principal of the course immediately. Drugs are harmful to the astral body and therefore forbidden for all those who tread the path of Yoga.
- In order to avoid fire hazards, incense and candles are only allowed in the temple and meditation hall. No camp fires.
- If you have any medical problem, please let us know when you enrol for your stay.
- Please adapt your dress to the ashram atmosphere, loose, not body-tight. Books and pictures should be only of spiritual nature.
- Accommodation and meals in Biohotel Pointner are contingent upon participating in the yoga activities at the Yoga Retreat House. Early termination of yoga activities in the Yoga Retreat House will automatically cancel accommodation and meals in the eco-hotel. The cancellation fees of the hotel shall apply.
- Please do not walk on fields or meadows. In the forests stay on the path and do not make fire.
- WiFi is available from 11 am until 3.30 pm. Info at the reception desk. The Hotel offers free WiFi from 1 to 4 pm in the hotel dining hall. For Internet cable connection in single and double rooms, please ask at the hotel reception.
Cancellation before the beginning of your programme:
The following cancellation fees will apply:
Yoga (without room and board):
More than 21 days before arrival date: 10%
Within 21 days of arrival date: 30%
If you would like to change your booking to another programme organized by the Retreat House in Reith, a rebooking fee of 50€ will be charged for the yoga part.
For the hotel:
Up to 12 weeks before arrival date: no cancellation fee
Up to 4 weeks before arrival date: 40%
Up to 1 week before arrival date: 70%
Within 7 days of the arrival date: 90%
The hotel cancellation fees may be reduced to the extent that the room/bed can be allocated to a new participant.
Early departure from the Yoga Teachers’ Training Course:
Within the first 3 days: 500€ cancellation fee for the yoga portion of the course
After 3 days: no refund for the yoga portion
For the hotel: 70% (i.e. refund of 30%)
The hotel cancellation fees may be reduced to the extent that the room/bed can be allocated to a new participant. You must vacate your room by 11am. Otherwise 100% of the cancellation fee will be charged for this day.
In case of early departure from the course, the TTC course manual and TTC uniforms (2 trousers / 2 t-shirts) must be returned before leaving the teaching location.
Information regarding the Austrian Distance and Off-Premises Contract Act (FAGG)
According to § 18 Subsection 1 Z 10 FAGG your 14 days right of withdrawal does not apply to the contract which concerns the provision of accommodation other than for residential purposes and/or catering.
Right of withdrawal in accordance with § 11 Austrian Distance and Off-Premises Contract Act (FAGG):
You can (but don't need to) use the withdrawal form, which you received in the acknowledgement e-mail.
The withdrawal is timely if the declaration is submitted within the period specified. If you withdraw the booking, we will immediately refund payments latest 14 days from the date on which you submit the withdrawal.
If the reservation is received later than 14 days before the start of the booked program, the reservation can be accepted only if you request us explicitly to commence the service and thus act before the expiry of the 14 days withdrawal period. In doing so you waive the 14-day right of withdrawal. Please send us the form EXPRESS REQUEST FOR BEGIN OF SERVICES DURING THE WITHDRAWAL PERIOD (which you received in the acknowledgement e-mail) or ask otherwise clearly for early intervention.
The Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres of Europe are dedicated to creating a more conscious and compassionate world. We accomplish that mission by creating a safe and sacred environment. We champion spirituality, ethical behaviour, respect, trust, loyalty, and commitment. As such, we have a responsibility to maintain a safe and sacred space for deeper inner work, in accordance with the teachings of Swami Sivananda and Swami Vishnudevananda.
Accordingly, the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres of Europe prohibit all staff from engaging in sexually suggestive remarks and gesturing, and unnecessary and offensive touching. You are therefore expected to refrain from directing any such behaviour towards staff, students, or guests.
If in spite of the efforts of the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres of Europe in this respect, you believe you have been subjected to sexual harassment from outside presenters, staff, guests, or from a swami, you should immediately report the incident to one of the course directors. Corrective action will be undertaken without delay. Complaints made to a course director will be treated confidentially and the alleged violator or any third party will not be advised of the complainant's identity without the latter's consent.