EASTER YOGA RETREAT
Friday, 30 March – Monday, 2 April 2018
In-depth yoga practice, new energy for body and mind.
Relax and enjoy the fresh mountain air, silent walks, light organic meals and a variety of yoga topics.
Certificate of participation for 32 training units (of 45 minutes each)
Lecture with Swami Durgananda, Yoga Acharya
Sat. 31.3 / noon
- Obstacles on the inner path – and how to overcome them
Swami Durgananda is a senior disciple of Swami Vishnudevananda and director of the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres in Europe. Her practical and intuitive style of teaching is the result of intensive practice and over 40 years of teaching experience.
Morning Satsangs with Swami Sivadasananda, Yoga Acharya
Sat. 31.3 – Mon. 2.4 / 6 am
- Asana – an outer and inner attitude
- Universal love – the law of life
- Reincarnation – thought model and scientific indications
Asana workshops with Swami Sivadasananda, Yoga Acharya.
Sat. 31.3 – Mon. 2.4 / 8 am
- Mobility, flexibility and strength
- Opening the chest
- The body-mind axis
Swami Sivadasananda, senior student of Swami Vishnudevananda, has taught at workshops and Yoga Teachers’ Training Courses around the world for many years. He is a dynamic, precise and knowledgeable instructor. He is the author of the books Sivananda Beginner’s Guide to Yoga and Yoga – Your Home Practice Companion.
Oxygen – Nervous System – Prana
Two lectures with Swami Vidyananda.
Sun. 1.4 and Mon. 2.4 / noon
Anatomical background and practical inspiration on controlling Prana, or vital energy.
Swami Vidyananda is a long-time staff of the European Sivananda Yoga Centres. She is the coordinator of the TTCs in North India.
Meditative Asana and Pranayama Practice
Three asana workshops with Swami Gokulananda
Fri. 14.4 – Sun. 16.4 / 4 pm
- Bringing energy to each and every cell with asanas
- How conscious breathing harmonizes the mind
- Firm and comfortable – the meditative asana experience
Swami Gokulananda is the director of the Sivananda Yoga Centre in Berlin.
Further Training for Yoga Teachers:
Yoga – Gentle and Regenerating
With Swami Ramapriyananda
Fri. 30.3 – Mon. 2.4
Asana for people with limited flexibility; special care for the back.
Swami Ramapriyananda is a student of Swami Vishnudevananda and director of the Sivananda Yoga Retreat House. She is a very experienced teacher who pays great attention to detail and conveys a natural spirituality.
Yantra (meditative picture)
South Indian Temple Meditations
Daily Pujas with a priest from India
Fri. 30.3 – Mon. 2.4
Yantra Puja on Easter Sunday, 1.4 / 8 pm
With their colours, sounds, aromas and gestures, traditional temple ceremonies (Pujas) help clear the mental atmosphere, creating a strong meditative vibration.
- Yantras (meditative images).
- Classical scripture recitations (Mantras).
- Symbolic hand gestures (Mudras).
Daily: Puja at 11 am and 30-minute workshop on pujas, yantras, mantras and mythology at 7 pm
Sivananda Beginner’s Guide to Yoga
Introductory workshops and talks on the "Science of life," which has been embraced around the world.
Fri. 30.3 – Mon. 2.4
- Better flexibility with the Sun Salutation
- Basic yoga poses with deep relaxation, abdominal breathing, full yogic breathing and simple pranayama
- Introduction to concentration and meditation
- The five pillars of yoga for all-round health
- Union of head, heart and hand – philosophical inspiration for every temperament
Easter Walk for Everyone
Sun. 1.4 / 1:30 – 3 pm
- 6 am: Meditation, mantra chanting, lecture (90 min)
- 8 am: Asanas and Pranayama (90 min)
- 10 am: Vegetarian brunch
- 11 am: Karma Yoga (selfless service)
- Noon: Workshop, lecture or free time
- 4 pm: Asanas and Pranayama (90 min)
- 6 pm: Vegetarian dinner
- 7:30 pm: Meditation, mantra chanting, lecture (90 min)
Programmes are subject to change or cancellation.
Daily rates for yoga
Accommodation and meals:
Minimum stay: 2 nights
Triple rooms on request for 3 people staying for the same dates.
All rates include VAT and are subject to a €1.80 visitor's tax per person per night.
Prices valid from 8 January 2018 until 31 December 2018
Hotel closing times:
3 April / 2pm – 4 May 2018 / 2pm
2 December / 2pm – 14 December 2018 / 2pm
Room and board
Room and board are in the non-smoking eco-hotel serving wholesfood organic vegetarian meals.
All guest rooms have wooden floors and furniture, health mattresses, shower, toilet, hairdryer, telephone and radio. Most rooms have a balcony. more
What you will need for your stay
A meditation pillow for the morning and evening meditation sessions is recommended. A meditation shawl is also advantageous.
To practice the yoga poses you will need a non-slip yoga mat or wool mat. You will need a blanket to cover yourself at the end of the yoga class during the so-called final relaxation.
Pillows, shawls, blankets, mats and much more can be purchased in our online shop or in our boutique after arrival.
For your stay you should bring comfortable clothing, slippers, walking shoes, rain gear, torch (flashlight), bathing suit and towels. Eyeglass wearers should bring a hard case for safe storage during the yoga classes.