EASTER YOGA RETREAT
Friday, 19 April – Monday, 22 April 2019
In-depth yoga practice, new energy for body and mind.
Relax and enjoy the fresh mountain air, silent walks, light organic meals and a variety of yoga topics.
Certificate of participation for 30 training units (of 45 minutes each)
Sat. 20.4 / noon
- Karma – how destiny is created. A mental process, not a muscle exercise.
Swami Durgananda is a senior disciple of Swami Vishnudevananda and director of the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres in Europe. Her practical and intuitive style of teaching is the result of intensive practice and over 45 years of teaching experience.
Yoga – Your Home Practice Companion
Practical workshops with Swami Sivadasananda, Yoga Acharya.
Sat. 20.4 – Mon. 22.4 / 8 am
- Asanas and pranayama improve sleep, appetite and biorhythm
- Deep relaxation
- Improved holding of posture and breath
- Mind, nervous system, musculature
Swami Sivadasananda, senior student of Swami Vishnudevananda, has taught at workshops and Yoga Teachers’ Training Courses around the world for many years. He is a dynamic, precise and knowledgeable instructor. He is the author of the books Sivananda Beginner’s Guide to Yoga and Yoga – Your Home Practice Companion.
Three workshops with Narayani
Fri. 19.4 – Sun. 21.4 / 4 pm
- Forward Bend from the toes to the neck
- Stimulation of the internal organs
- Asanas for a strong back
Narayani, staff at the Sivananda Yoga Retreat House, has an excellent asana practice & demonstrates and teaches with ease & detail.
Yoga Asanas – Easy!
With senior teachers of the Sivananda Yoga Retreat House. With plenty of time to
answer your questions.
Fri. 19.4 / 4 pm – Mon. 22.4 / daily 8 – 9:50 am & 4 – 5:50 pm
- Basic yoga poses with preparatory exercises and deep relaxation
- Abdominal breathing, full yogic breathing and simple pranayama
- Better flexibility with the Sun Salutation
20 minutes of theory at the end of the yoga classes
- How asanas work
- Breath training
- Relaxation step by step
- Yogic diet
- Positive thinking and meditation
Yantra (meditative picture)
Daily Pujas with a priest from India
Fri. 19.4 – Mon. 22.4
With their colours, sounds, aromas and gestures, traditional temple ceremonies (Pujas) help clear the mental atmosphere, creating a strong meditative vibration.
- Yantras (meditative images)
- Classical scripture recitations (Mantras)
- Symbolic hand gestures (Mudras)
Lecture series with Cordula Interthal (Chandrika)
Sat. 20.4 – Mon. 22.4 / 2 – 2:45 pm
- Introduction to the body constitutions Vata, Pitta, Kapha
- Agni: healthy digestion, healthy immunity
- Tips and home remedies for constipation.
Chandrika is an obstetrician and gynaecologist, Ayurvedic therapist and teaches yoga at the Sivananda Yoga centres. She is co-author of the new Sivananda Ayurveda book Practical Ayurveda and offers holistic Ayurvedic consultations. Rates will be available at the reception.
Easter Walk for Everyone
Sun. 21.4 / 1:30 – 3 pm
Padma Julia Descroizilles
Posture, flexibility and anatomy with Padma Julia Descroizilles, experienced physiotherapist.
Fri. 19.4 – Mon. 22.4
Asanas expand the range of movement of the joints and gradually improve a poor posture, especially in the lower and upper back.
- 6 am: Meditation, mantra chanting, lecture (90 min)
- 8 am: Asanas and Pranayama (90 min)
- 10 am: Vegetarian brunch
- 11 am: Karma Yoga (selfless service)
- Noon: Workshop, lecture or free time
- 4 pm: Asanas and Pranayama (90 min)
- 6 pm: Vegetarian dinner
- 7:30 pm: Meditation, mantra chanting, lecture (90 min)
Programmes are subject to change or cancellation.
Daily rates for yoga
Accommodation and meals:
Minimum stay: 2 nights
Triple rooms on request for 3 people staying for the same dates.
All rates include VAT and are subject to a €1.80 visitor's tax per person per night.
Prices valid from 7 January 2019 until 31 December 2019
Accommodation and meals
Accommodation and meals are in the non-smoking eco-hotel serving wholesfood organic vegetarian meals.
All guest rooms have wooden floors and furniture, health mattresses, shower, toilet, hairdryer, telephone and radio. Most rooms have a balcony. more
What you will need for your stay
A meditation pillow for the morning and evening meditation sessions is recommended. A meditation shawl is also advantageous.
To practice the yoga poses you will need a non-slip yoga mat or wool mat. You will need a blanket to cover yourself at the end of the yoga class during the so-called final relaxation.
Pillows, shawls, blankets, mats and much more can be purchased in our online shop or in our boutique after arrival.
For your stay you should bring comfortable clothing, slippers, walking shoes, rain gear, torch (flashlight), bathing suit and towels. Eyeglass wearers should bring a hard case for safe storage during the yoga classes.