WHITSUN YOGA EVENT (PENTECOST)
Fri. 18 May – Mon. 21 May 2018
- Days of Yoga Specials: Group silent walks in the magnificent alpine landscape
- Asanas: Personal guidance for experienced students and a gentle introduction for newcomers and ‘rusty’ students
- Meditation: Calming the brain waves to achieve clarity of thinking and new creative power
- Yoga lectures: Mental food for the challenges of everyday life
- Vegetarian meals: Light, low-fat, nutritious, organic and cleansing
Certificate of participation for 30 training units (of 45 minutes each)
Eastern Wisdom Melodies
Guest of honour: Sri Venugopal Goswami, Bhakti Yoga Acharya, Vrindavan, North India
Fri. 18.5 – Thu. 24.5 / 8 pm
Readings and discourse from the classical yoga scripture Bhagavatam on the journey to the meaning of life. The storytelling, poetry, music and philosophy uplift the heart and the mind.
With live music: harmonium, vocals, bamboo flute, shanai oboe and tabla.
Sri Venugopal Goswami is a spiritual teacher in a tradition which has nurtured the flame of Bhakti Yoga since the 16th century. He received his musical training from the great Indian vocalist master Pandit Jasraj. The spoken word, the mantra recitations, the subtle tones of the Ragas and the uplifting Bhajans are a deep source of ancient yogic wisdom.
Diet and Health
Three lectures with Sigrid Siebert, nutritionist, Frankfurt
Sat. 19.5 / noon,
Sun. 20.5 / noon,
Mon. 21.5 / 11 am
- A modern and healthy diet for vegetarians
- Optimal nutrition with vegan and vegetarian diets
- Myths and facts about sugar
In German with simultaneous translation into English.
Sigrid Siebert is a nutritionist and dietician from Frankfurt. She has taught at the Akademie Gesundes Leben in Oberursel, Germany, since 1995.
Expand Your Asanas
Four two-hour workshops with Swami Sivadasananda, Yoga Acharya
Fri. 18.5 / 4 pm,
Sat. 19.5 – Mon. 21.5 / 8 am
With Swami Sivadasananda
Sat. 19.5 – Mon. 21.5 / 6 am
- The goal of life
- Your true nature
- Living wisely
Swami Sivadasananda, senior student of Swami Vishnudevananda, has taught at workshops and Yoga Teachers’ Training Courses around the world for many years. He is a dynamic, precise and knowledgeable instructor. He is the author of the books Sivananda Beginner’s Guide to Yoga and Yoga – Your Home Practice Companion.
Meadows, Forests and Lakes: Whitsun Walk for Everyone
Sun. 20.5 / 1:30 – 3 pm
Sivananda Beginner’s Guide to Yoga
Introductory workshops and lectures on the 'science of life'.
Fri. 18.5 – Mon. 21.5
- Better flexibility with the Sun Salutation
- Basic yoga poses with deep relaxation, abdominal breathing, full yogic breathing and simple pranayama
- Introduction to concentration and meditation
- The five pillars of yoga for all-round health
- Union of head, heart and hand – philosophical inspiration for everyone
Sivananda Beginner’s Guide to Yoga by the Sivananda Yoga Centres
Daily rates for yoga
Accommodation and meals:
Minimum stay: 2 nights
Triple rooms on request for 3 people staying for the same dates.
All rates include VAT and are subject to a €1.80 visitor's tax per person per night.
Prices valid from 8 January 2018 until 31 December 2018
Hotel closing times:
3 April / 2pm – 4 May 2018 / 2pm
2 December / 2pm – 14 December 2018 / 2pm
- 6 am: Meditation, mantra chanting, lecture (90 min)
- 8 am: Asanas and Pranayama (90 min)
- 10 am: Vegetarian brunch
- 11 am: Karma Yoga (selfless service)
- Noon: Workshop, lecture or free time
- 4 pm: Asanas and Pranayama (90 min)
- 6 pm: Vegetarian dinner
- 7:30 pm: Meditation, mantra chanting, lecture (90 min)
Programmes are subject to change or cancellation.
Accommodation and meals
Accommodation and meals are in the non-smoking eco-hotel serving wholesfood organic vegetarian meals.
All guest rooms have wooden floors and furniture, health mattresses, shower, toilet, hairdryer, telephone and radio. Most rooms have a balcony. more
What you will need for your stay
A meditation pillow for the morning and evening meditation sessions is recommended. A meditation shawl is also advantageous.
To practice the yoga poses you will need a non-slip yoga mat or wool mat. You will need a blanket to cover yourself at the end of the yoga class during the so-called final relaxation.
Pillows, shawls, blankets, mats and much more can be purchased in our online shop or in our boutique after arrival.
For your stay you should bring comfortable clothing, slippers, walking shoes, rain gear, torch (flashlight), bathing suit and towels. Eyeglass wearers should bring a hard case for safe storage during the yoga classes.