WINTER RETREAT: Integral Balance with Yoga
Wed. 6 February – Sun. 10 February 2019
Time-tested yoga teachings on taking care of your health, ethical culture and mental balance.
Enjoy the snow outdoors and the relaxation indoors. The relaxing asana practice, a sauna visit, healthy and energising food and the peace of the morning and evening meditation lead to all-round well-being.
With a certificate of participation for 40 training units of 45 minutes each.
- Time-tested yoga teachings on taking care of your health and ethical culture
- Developing will-power
- Unfolding of the emotions and psychological balance
Recommended reading: Light, Power and Wisdom, Swami Sivananda
Topics of the asana practice
- Kriyas, Asanas and Pranayama: Deep massage of the digestive system and boosting of metabolism as a whole
- Cardiovascular workshop: Inverted poses and relaxing the arterial musculature
- Pranayama: Dynamics of the diaphragm between the heart and the stomach
- Breathing more freely with Kapalabhati and Neti
For Neti, please bring neti pot and catheter. These items can alternatively be purchased in our yoga shop,
Depending on the weather, daily winter walks and the option to go cross-country skiing independently nearby.
The trails begin just 5 minutes' walking distance away from the Retreat House. Rental gear available in Reith village (at extra cost).
Ayurveda Clear and Simple
Lecture series with Cordula Interthal (Chandrika)
Fri. 8.2 – Sun. 10.2
- Introduction to the body constitutions Vata, Pitta, Kapha
- Daily routine
- Healthy habits
Chandrika is an obstetrician and gynaecologist, Ayurvedic therapist and teaches yoga at the Sivananda Yoga centres. She is co-author of the new Sivananda Ayurveda book Practical Ayurveda and offers holistic Ayurvedic consultations. Rates at reception.
Further Training for Yoga Teachers: Yoga over 50
With Swami Ramapriyananda
Thu. 7.2 – Sun. 10.2
- Asanas for limited mobility and preventive care for the entire back.
Daily rates for yoga
Accommodation and meals:
Minimum stay: 2 nights
Triple rooms on request for 3 people staying for the same dates.
All rates include VAT and are subject to a €1.80 visitor's tax per person per night.
Prices valid from 7 January 2019 until 31 December 2019
- 6 am: Meditation, mantra chanting, lecture (90 min)
- 8 am: Asanas and Pranayama (90 min)
- 10 am: Vegetarian brunch
- 11 am: Karma Yoga (selfless service)
- Noon: Workshop, lecture or free time
- 4 pm: Asanas and Pranayama (90 min)
- 6 pm: Vegetarian dinner
- 7:30 pm: Meditation, mantra chanting, lecture (90 min)
Programmes are subject to change or cancellation.
Accommodation and meals
Accommodation and meals are in the non-smoking eco-hotel serving wholesfood organic vegetarian meals.
All guest rooms have wooden floors and furniture, health mattresses, shower, toilet, hairdryer, telephone and radio. Most rooms have a balcony. more
What you will need for your stay
A meditation pillow for the morning and evening meditation sessions is recommended. A meditation shawl is also advantageous.
To practice the yoga poses you will need a non-slip yoga mat or wool mat. You will need a blanket to cover yourself at the end of the yoga class during the so-called final relaxation.
Pillows, shawls, blankets, mats and much more can be purchased in our online shop or in our boutique after arrival.
For your stay you should bring comfortable clothing, slippers, walking shoes, rain gear, torch (flashlight), bathing suit and towels. Eyeglass wearers should bring a hard case for safe storage during the yoga classes.