WINTER RETREAT: Asanas for a Healthy Back
Mon. 12 February – Sun. 18 February 2018
With a certificate of participation for 56 training units of 45 minutes each
The 12 basic postures and variations are preventive care for the entire back.
Just three days of intensive asana practice can bring about noticeable improvements in one’s posture.
We will use a plumb line to measure these changes
- Each participant has their photo taken at the plumb line with individual explanations
- Posture analysis with plumb-line test (PowerPoint show)
- Variations for strength and flexibility in the shoulder and pelvic regions
- Pose, counterpose and in-depth relaxation
- Flexion, extension and rotation of the spine
Lectures and workshops on the four paths of yoga
- The path of Karma Yoga – the key to inner peace
- Opening of the heart – Bhakti Yoga
- Secrets and control of the mind – yoga psychology
- Teachings from Vedanta and the Upanishads
Depending on the weather, daily winter walks and the option to go cross-country skiing independently nearby.
The trails begin just 5 minutes' walking distance away from the Retreat House. Rental gear available in Reith village (at extra cost).
Daily rates for yoga
Accommodation and meals:
Minimum stay: 2 nights
Triple rooms on request for 3 people staying for the same dates.
All rates include VAT and are subject to a €1.80 visitor's tax per person per night.
Prices valid from 8 January 2018 until 31 December 2018
Hotel closing times:
3 April / 2pm – 4 May 2018 / 2pm
2 December / 2pm – 14 December 2018 / 2pm
- 6 am: Meditation, mantra chanting, lecture (90 min)
- 8 am: Asanas and Pranayama (90 min)
- 10 am: Vegetarian brunch
- 11 am: Karma Yoga (selfless service)
- Noon: Workshop, lecture or free time
- 4 pm: Asanas and Pranayama (90 min)
- 6 pm: Vegetarian dinner
- 7:30 pm: Meditation, mantra chanting, lecture (90 min)
Programmes are subject to change or cancellation.
Accommodation and meals
Accommodation and meals are in the non-smoking eco-hotel serving wholesfood organic vegetarian meals.
All guest rooms have wooden floors and furniture, health mattresses, shower, toilet, hairdryer, telephone and radio. Most rooms have a balcony. more
What you will need for your stay
A meditation pillow for the morning and evening meditation sessions is recommended. A meditation shawl is also advantageous.
To practice the yoga poses you will need a non-slip yoga mat or wool mat. You will need a blanket to cover yourself at the end of the yoga class during the so-called final relaxation.
Pillows, shawls, blankets, mats and much more can be purchased in our online shop or in our boutique after arrival.
For your stay you should bring comfortable clothing, slippers, walking shoes, rain gear, torch (flashlight), bathing suit and towels. Eyeglass wearers should bring a hard case for safe storage during the yoga classes.