From the North and the West (Germany, Innsbruck): Exit at Kufstein Süd (see important info on vignettes below), then drive towards St. Johann/Tirol, Kitzbühel, then towards Felbertauern, turnoff at Mittersill.
IMPORTANT: Driving in Austria on all autobahns and highways requires a vignette (toll sticker) from the border town Kiefersfelden onwards.
From the South (Italy, Klagenfurt): Exit at Bischofshofen, drive towards Zell am See, onwards towards Krimml, turnoff at Mittersill
From the East (Vienna, Salzburg):
1. Rural road: Exit at Lofer, drive towards Lofer, Zell am See, onwards towards Krimml, turnoff at Mittersill
2. Autobahn: Drive towards Villach, exit at Bischofshofen, onwards towards Zell am See, keep going until Mittersill
How to get to the hotel: On the national highway in the direction of Krimml, you will find a turnoff for Sonnberghof beyond Mittersill town but before reaching Hollersbach town. Then follow the signs to Sonnberghof, about 2 km.
By public transportation
Four Seasons, Tel. +43 (0) 512/584 157, Online booking
- Take Four Seasons from Munich Int’l Airport to Mittersill: €142 (one-way) or €271 (roundtrip) per person (approx 2 1/2 hours)
- Take Four Seasons from Munich Int’l Airport to Kitzbühel; then take the bus to Mittersill: €60 (approx 3 hours)
Austrian railway: www.oebb.at
- Go as far as Kitzbühel with the train, and then take a bus to Mittersill
- Get off at Zell am See to take the narrow-gauge railway to Mittersill.
You can take Flixbus (runs seasonally) from Munich Bus Station to Kitzbühel (“Pfarrparkplatz”) -> take regular bus to “Bahnhof Kitzbühel” (Kitzbühel train station) -> take another bus to Mittersill: from €15 (approx 3 1/2 to 4 hours)
The buses from Kitzbühel to Mittersill run every hour on weekdays, and about every two hours on weekends.
A taxi from Mittersill to Hotel Sonnberghof will cost you about €18.