Hotel Gut Sonnberghof
Hohe Tauern, Austria
T +43 (0)6562 8311
From the North and the West (Germany, Innsbruck): Exit at Kufstein Süd, then drive towards St. Johann/Tirol, Kitzbühel, then towards Felbertauern, turnoff at Mittersill.
From the South (Italy, Klagenfurt): Exit at Bischofshofen, drive towards Zell am See, onwards towards Krimml, turnoff at Mittersill
From the East (Vienna, Salzburg):
1. Rural road: Exit at Lofer, drive towards Lofer, Zell am See, onwards towards Krimml, turnoff at Mittersill
2. Autobahn: Drive towards Villach, exit at Bischofshofen, onwards towards Zell am See, keep going until Mittersill
How to get to the hotel: On the national highway in the direction of Krimml, you will find a turnoff for Sonnberghof beyond Mittersill town but before reaching Hollersbach town. Then follow the signs to Sonnberghof, about 2 km.
By public transportation
Four Seasons, Tel. +43 (0) 512/584 157, Online booking
- Take Four Seasons from Munich Int’l Airport to Mittersill: €169 (one-way) or €338 (roundtrip) per person (approx 2 1/2 hours)
- Take Four Seasons from Munich Int’l Airport to Kitzbühel: €69; then take the bus to Mittersill (approx 3 hours)
Austrian railway: www.oebb.at
- Go as far as Kitzbühel with the train, and then take a bus to Mittersill
- Get off at Zell am See to take the narrow-gauge railway to Mittersill.
The buses from Kitzbühel to Mittersill run every hour on weekdays, and about every two hours on weekends.
A taxi from Mittersill to Hotel Sonnberghof will cost you about €25 – 30.