Yoga & Mountain Magic vacation
in Reith, Tyrol, Austria
What awaits you
- Motivated, practising yogis
- Summertime practice on the outdoor cedar platform
- Introspective leisure moments on the Retreat House terrace
- Incomparable walks and hikes
- Healing swims in the nearby marshy lakes
- A variety of interesting themes
- A solid introduction to yoga and meditation
- Individual advice based on experience
- Tastefully decorated yoga halls
- The spiritual atmosphere of the meditation temple
- Daily mantra chanting as well as prayers and ceremonies for inner and outer peace
- Delicious vegetarian meals in a friendly atmosphere
- Sauna and various massages
- A well-stocked boutique with a selection of books, music and yoga accessories
- New healthy habits in a smoke- and alcohol-free environment
IN THE MORNING: Start the day in contemplative silence during the morning meditation, enjoy the group chanting and spiritual reading. Twice a week and weather-permitting, the meditation takes place as a silent walk. This is followed by the first asana session with invigorating exercises on the open-air platform. Afterwards breakfast awaits you.
DURING THE DAY you have the possibility to participate in a workshop, or talk with one of the yoga teachers. If you like, you can swim in one of the nearby mineral-rich waters, Giehringer Pond (2 km) or Schwarzsee Lake (3 km). There are also regular guided hikes of about two hours to the most beautiful corners of the region.
IN THE AFTERNOON your body finds its optimum ﬂexibility in the second yoga class. Observe how the breath is slowing down, and the mind tunes in to the lightness of the yoga practice. Afterwards dinner is already prepared.
IN THE EVENING: Come to the evening meditation and enjoy the group meditation, chanting and interesting talk. Weather-permitting the meditation will take place on a mountain meadow as part of a walk. Go to bed feeling fulflled, inspired and ready to have a restful night’s sleep.
The daily schedule
Recharging in nature
This meditation in motion is a unique experience and takes place several times a week instead of the morning or evening meditation.
"Yoga is a natural method of eating, drinking, sleeping, breathing and exercise."
~ Swami Vishnudevananda
What is Sivananda Yoga?
This conﬂict is very normal. In a talk with one of the senior instructors, you can work out what is the best way to adapt the yoga practice to your routine, or which habits you might want to change a little. Please do not hesitate to speak with us.
We offer 30-minute one-on-one sessions with an experienced senior instructor. Some personal advice and tips are often enough to bring about substantial progress in the group practice at the Retreat House and in your own practice at home.
- Sun Salutation
- Inverted poses
- Asanas in depth
- Dietary advice
- Meditation coaching
Drop-in yoga classes
No prior registration necessary
All levels from beginners to regular practitioners are welcome to join the drop-in classes.