Yoga Vacation in Tyrol, Austria
Effective mind-body exercises
Yoga vacation in Reith, Tyrol, Austria
Enjoy a relaxing yoga holiday with unforgettable nature experiences.
Draw new strength in the pristine mountain surroundings. Enjoy the fresh air, mountain meadows, quiet forests, medicinal herbs along the footpath, clean streams and lakes.
Twice a week we combine two-hour hikes with daily yoga classes and meditations. We take you to the most beautiful places in the area. In addition to regular meditative walks.
What awaits you:
- Motivated, practising yogis
- Summertime practice on the outdoor cedar platform
- Quiet leisure moments on the Retreat House terrace
- Incomparable walks and hikes
- Healing swims in the nearby mineral-rich lakes
- A variety of interesting yoga themes
- A solid introduction to yoga and meditation
- Individual advice based on your experience
- Tastefully decorated yoga halls
- Daily meditation, mantra chanting as well as ceremonies for inner and outer peace
- Delicious vegetarian meals in a friendly atmosphere
- A well-stocked boutique with a selection of books, music and yoga accessories
- New healthy habits in a smoke- and alcohol-free environment
Upcoming events in Tyrol
YOGA HOLIDAYS - ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE ANY TIME INDIVIDUALLY
IN THE MORNING: Start the day in contemplative silence during the morning meditation, enjoy the group chanting and spiritual reading. Twice a week and weather-permitting, the meditation takes place as a silent walk. This is followed by the first asana session with invigorating exercises on the open-air platform. Afterwards breakfast awaits you.
DURING THE DAY you have the possibility to participate in a workshop, or talk with one of the yoga teachers. If you like, you can swim in one of the nearby mineral-rich waters, Giehringer Pond (2 km) or Schwarzsee Lake (3 km). There are also regular guided hikes of about two hours to the most beautiful corners of the region.
IN THE AFTERNOON your body finds its optimum ﬂexibility in the second yoga class. Observe how the breath is slowing down, and the mind tunes in to the lightness of the yoga practice. Afterwards dinner is already prepared.
IN THE EVENING: Come to the evening meditation and enjoy the group meditation, chanting and interesting talk. Weather-permitting the meditation will take place on a mountain meadow as part of a walk. Go to bed feeling fulflled, inspired and ready to have a restful night’s sleep.
The daily schedule
At The Sivananda Yoga Retreat House
|6:00 – 7:30 am||Morning meditation, mantra chanting, talk|
Occasionally the morning meditation takes place in the form of a silent walk
|8:00 – 9:30 am||Asanas and pranayama|
|10:00 am||Vegetarian brunch|
|from 11:00 am||Time for walks or hikes to the most beautiful places in the area such as the Venedigerblick, up to the Astberg or the Kitzbüheler Horn.|
|optional at noon or|
2:00 – 3:00 pm
|Lecture or workshop (sometimes a short lecture following the morning asana class)|
|4:00 – 5:30 pm||Asanas and pranayama|
|6:00 pm||Vegetarian dinner|
|8:00 – 9:30 pm||Evening meditation, mantra chanting, talk|
Occasionally the evening meditation takes place in the form of a silent walk
Programmes are subject to change or cancellation. Participation in the afternoon lecture/workshop is optional.
Donate your time: Many yoga vacation guests contribute to the community feeling in the Retreat House by volunteering during their stay. Ask at the reception desk for more information.
You have time for walks in the immediate vicinity or hikes to the most beautiful places in the area such as the Bichlach, the Venedigerblick circular route or up to the Astberg. Please bring hiking shoes and rain gear.
Depending on the interests of the participants, there is a selection of lecture topics for the morning and evening meditations and afternoon workshops
- Physical and mental effects of the asanas
- Position, breathing and body awareness in balance
- Strength, flexibility and agility: practical asana examples
- Asanas and mind-body balance
- Solar plexus: nerve plexus and energy center
- Muscle test with posture analysis and individual advice
- Anatomical details of the asana practice
- Asanas and nervous system
- Sit better – meditate better
- Vitality as an expression of good health
- The interaction of prana and thoughts
- From breath control to the control of life energy
- Prana, the energy model of Hatha Yoga
- The yoga model of the physical and astral body
- Physical, mental and spiritual levels of relaxation
- How yoga can relieve stress-related symptoms such as fatigue, difficulty falling asleep, high blood pressure, and headaches
- Coping with stress – conserving energy
- Mental relaxation and meditation
- How a vegetarian diet deacidifies the body
- Nutrition tips and recipes for yoga practitioners
- Yoga cooking workshop
- Combine and prepare dishes correctly
- Eat more consciously – digest better
- Mental balance through simple concentration exercises
- The power of thoughts for self-determination and mind control
- Inner serenity through positive thinking and meditation
- Meditation: when the mind comes to rest
- 12 classic steps to the meditation experience
- Building up your own meditation practice
- Paths to happiness and serenity
- Yoga Sutras: Timeless Teachings on Analysis and Control of the Mind
- The self, the inherent aspect of every human being that knows reality
- Practical inspiration from the yoga philosophy
“Yoga – Your home practice companion”, Sivananda Yoga Centers
Lots of photos, asana practice programs for beginners, intermediate and advanced, with pranayama, relaxation and meditation, over 40 vegetarian recipes.
After a few days of your stay, you might notice some seeming contradictions. On the one hand, you are enjoying the benefts of the yoga exercises in the form of relaxation, more energy and mental resilience. On the other, the yoga daily schedule is very different from your normal daily habits. You might ask yourself whether yoga is right for you, or whether you are suited to yoga, and if you are the only one feeling this way.This conﬂict is very normal. In a talk with one of the senior instructors, you can work out what is the best way to adapt the yoga practice to your routine, or which habits you might want to change a little. Please do not hesitate to speak with us.
We offer 30-minute one-on-one sessions with an experienced senior instructor. Some personal advice and tips are often enough to bring about substantial progress in the group practice at the Retreat House and in your own practice at home.
- Sun Salutation
- Inverted poses
- Asanas in depth
- Dietary advice
- Meditation coaching
Recharging in nature
This meditation in motion is a unique experience and takes place several times a week instead of the morning or evening meditation.
"Yoga is a natural method of eating, drinking, sleeping, breathing and exercise."
~ Swami Vishnudevananda