Conditions for participation
To get the full benefits of your yoga practice, please heed the following:
- We ask you to attend the morning and evening meditation sessions and two yoga classes. The lecture in the afternoon is optional (applies to yoga vacation).
- Black tea, coffee, meat, fish, eggs, onions, garlic, alcohol, cigarettes and drugs are strictly prohibited during your stay.
- Please help maintain the peace and purity in the meditation room.
- Please wear loose, modest clothing – no tights. Nudity is forbidden. Only spiritual books and pictures are permitted.
- Important!! Please don’t step in to the fields or the pastures, stay on the path in the forest and don’t make any fires.
- The Retreat House is not responsible for any loss of valuables.
- Loud music, cooking, candles and incense are not permitted in the hotel/guesthouse rooms.
- One hour daily community service (Karma Yoga) such as gardening, maintenance, organising etc. would be greatly appreciated.
- Full payment for your stay is due on arrival.
I hereby declare that I have read the rules of the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Retreat House stipulated below, that I will adhere to these rules and that I will be present at all activities.
I take full responsibility for myself and for my personal property. The decision to participate in the activities is exclusively my own and I do so on my own responsibility.
I further declare that I will not hold the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Retreat House liable for any injuries, damage or loss that may result from my participation in the activities. I am in good health and have no illnesses or preconditions that prevent me from practising the asana and pranayama exercises. Furthermore, I acknowledge that I perform all exercises at my own risk and on my own responsibility and that I can omit or discontinue exercises at any time if I so desire.
Cancellation and withdrawal policy
Cancellation before the beginning of your programme
The following fees will apply:
For yoga part (without accommodation):
More than 21 days before the beginning of the programme: 10% cancellation fee
Within 21 days before the beginning of the programme: 30% cancellation fee
If you would like to change your booking to another program organized by the Retreat House in Reith, a rebooking fee of € 50 will be charged for the yoga part.
For the hotel part:
More than 12 weeks before arrival date: no cancellation fee
More than 4 weeks before arrival date: 40% cancellation fee
More than 1 week before arrival date: 70% cancellation fee
Within 7 days of the arrival date: 90% cancellation fee
The hotel cancellation fee may be reduced to the extent that the room/bed can be allocated to a new participant.
In case of early departure from the program
For the yoga part: no refund
For the hotel part: 90% cancellation fee
The hotel cancellation fees may be reduced to the extent that the room/bed can be allocated to a new participant.
The room should be vacated by 11:00 am on the departure day. Otherwise 100% cancellation fee will be charged for this day.
Information regarding the Austrian Distance and Off-Premises Contract Act (FAGG)
According to § 18 Subsection 1 Z 10 FAGG, your 14 days right of withdrawal does not apply to this contract as it concerns the provision of accommodation other than for residential purposes and/or catering or services related to leisure activities and the contract provides for a specific date or period of performance.